This is our list of the best activities to do in the 17 regions of Quebec during Spring Break 2021.
The rules of the game in Quebec during Spring Break 2021
Government guidelines are out for Spring Break 2021. Indoor pools, movie theatres and skating rinks will be added to the museums, libraries and all the outdoor activities that people already enjoy. And this time in groups of eight people.
Travel between red and orange regions is not prohibited, but not recommended. So let’s use our good judgment.
Let us hope that this respite will allow us to keep our momentum going until spring arrives.
Our list of winners by region
Caroline and I browsed several sites (referenced) and tried to find little surprises for all styles. Here are our top three or four activities to do during Spring Break 2021 in each region of Quebec. But we’ll tell you right now: the Fatbike is on everyone’s lips.
We also recommend that you contact the establishment before travelling as some activities require booking.
Bas St-Laurent region and its spring break 2021
Saguenay-Lac-St-Jean and Spring Break 2021
- Discover the Parc de la Rivière-du-Moulin by snowshoeing, cross-country skiing, skating or simply walking.
- Skating on the most beautiful rinks
- Slow travelling at the Village boréal de Saint-Félicien
- And why not take the opportunity to eat a good tourtine (a mixture of “tourtière du Lac” and poutine… yum!)
Quebec City region and Spring Break 2021
- Solving a mystery: Quebec City’s Musée de la Civilisation, while staying at home:
- Visit the ice hotel if you haven’t already done so… or try winter activities at Valcartier! Combined activities help you save
- Visit to the Aquarium of Quebec. Keep an eye on the website for special Spring Break programming.
- In Charlevoix, stroll through the Winter Market at Manoir Richelieu
Mauricie and its 2021 school break
- Visit to the POP Museum exhibition for 4-8 year olds
- Oh my… Alpine sleigh and night sleigh at Shawinigan’s Vallée du Parc
- Sliding, cross-country skiing or snowshoeing at Parc de l’île Minville in Shawinigan
- Skating on the indoor rink and ice rink, walking or snowshoeing on the dedicated trails, Fatbike and children’s play areas at Parc de l’île Saint-Quentin in Trois-Rivières
The Eastern Townships and Spring Break 2021
Montreal and Spring Break 2021
Outaouais and Spring Break 2021
Abitibi-Témiscamingue and Spring Break 2021
- Lighting of the lanterns on the lake as part of Rouyn-Noranda’s winter festival.
- Snowshoeing, Fat-bike, skating and cross-country skiing at the Recreational Forest
- Testing the new snow scooter in Aiguebelle National Park
- Ascent to the observation tower ”Le nid de l’épervier”, in the paths of the Kékéko Hills
Côte-Nord and Spring Break 2021
- Downhill skiing, snowboarding, snowshoeing, tubing, snowmobiling at the Gallix station. With a view of the St. Lawrence River, no less.
- In Baie-Comeau, downhill skiing, tubing and snowboarding are also offered at the Mont-Ti-Basse ski center.
- And the Fat Bike is also making its presence felt in the Sept-Îles region.
Îles-de-la-Madeleine (Magdalen Islands) and Spring Break 2021
- Walk on the beaches or paths, try a Fatbike with or without electric assistance.
- Walk on the frozen sandy beaches and watch the waves roll in. Unique panorama made up of the white snow meeting the red cliffs
- Watching/testing ice carts speeding across the frozen lagoons or snowkites doing the same.
The Gaspé region as well as the Northern Quebec region have decided to keep their activities for spring break 2021 quite secretive. In the orange zone, they intend to stay that way and eventually change to yellow. They do not want the massive arrival of Quebecers from red zones
Chaudières Appalaches and Spring Break 2021
- Try out the Austrian sledge (helmet required) on a track of more than 2 kilometres at the Domaine du Radar in St-Sylvestre.
- Horseback riding or a ride on the sleigh, all wrapped up. At the Daaquam River cottage & resort in Saint-Just-de-Bretenières.
- Overnight stay in a yurt in the Massif du Sud regional park.
Laval and Spring Break 2021
- One night at the Sheraton Hotel in Laval for the “Spring Break” special. Included in the package: sharing tray (mini-poutine, mini-pogo, pizza) popcorn, hot chocolate, treasure hunt, pool.
- Exercise on trampolines for ages 4 and up. At the Acrosport Barani. Booking for two hours at a time.
- Online workshop to learn how to draw Mangas. For ages 10 and up.
Lanaudière and Spring Break 2021
Laurentians and Spring Break 2021
Montérégie and Spring break 2021
- Cross-country skiing and hiking on the Boucherville islands.
- In St-Hilaire, visit of the exhibition “De l’eau… à la bouche” on the native traditions of maple. Native tales and legends around the fire, every day at 2pm. Slide on the snow sculpture “The Turtle”.
- Initiation to Disc-Golf and snow scooter at St-Bernard Island.