Van Life is a unique way to travel, to discover the world around us.
In the milesopedia community, there are many vanlifers who have combined the art of Van travel with the savings that credit card rewards and benefits can bring:
- for the grocery store
- for gas
- for activities
- for stopover hotels
- for cash back
- for travel insurance
- to pay no conversion fees on foreign currency expenses
Check out our series of articles about the Van Life below, and the different credit cards that vanlifers like.
Credit cards recommended for vanlifers
Here are the different credit cards that milesopedia recommends to vanlifers.
Click on the type of card that best suits your needs. If you would like to search for a card by yourself among all our criteria, click here to check out our credit card search tool.
Best credit cards by category
Credit cards for groceries
Credit cards for gas
Credit cards for restaurants and bars
Credit cards for cash back
Credit cards for travel insurance
Here are the different credit cards that milesopedia recommends to vanlifers for insurance:
Credit cards for stopover hotels
Here are the different credit cards milesopedia recommends to vanlifers for hotels:
- 5 points per dollar with the Marriott Bonvoy™ American Express® Card for bookings at Marriott’s hotels, with a nice welcome bonus
- 5 points per dollar with the Marriott Bonvoy Business American ExpressMD Card for bookings at Marriott’s hotels, with a nice welcome bonus
- 5 points per dollar with the Best Western Rewards® Mastercard for bookings at Best Western hotels, with a nice welcome bonus
Credit cards with no conversion fee
Here are the different credit cards that milesopedia recommends to vanlifers to avoid paying any conversion fees for purchases made in foreign currencies (a saving of 2.5% on each transaction)!
Credit cards for activities
Here are the different credit cards milesopedia recommends for vanlifers to save on activities like theme parks:
- The BMO® AIR MILES® World Elite®* Mastercard®* allows you to earn AIR MILES miles to earn Disney Gift Cards.
- The Scotiabank Gold American Express Card is the only card that earns 5 points per dollar for activities
- The Scotiabank Passport™ Visa Infinite* Card allows you to redeem points to pay for park entrances and other entertainment activities.