Best credit cards by category
The Best Business Credit Card with flexible points
American Express Business Edge™ Card
The American Express Business Edge™ Card is a small business credit card in Canada. This business credit card has a low annual fee ($99) and offers up to 42,000 Membership Rewards Points in the first year ($420 value).
You can earn 3 times the points on:
- Office supplies (Staples, etc.)
- Electronics (Apple, Dell, etc.)
- Eats & Drinks
Also, you can get up to 99 free supplementary cards.
The Best Business AIR MILES Credit Card
BMO® AIR MILES® Business Mastercard®*
The BMO® AIR MILES® Business Mastercard®* is particularly attractive for AIR MILES collectors who want to split personal and business expenses.
You can get a welcome bonus of 3,000 AIR MILES Bonus Miles after $5,000 in card purchases ($310 value). In addition, the $120 annual fee is waived in the first year!
You earn 1 AIR MILES Reward Mile on every $10 you spend, Costco included. And 1.25X the Miles at Shell.
With the BMO® AIR MILES® Business Mastercard®*,you are eligible to benefit from the following insurance benefits for your travels:
- Collision Damage Waiver
- Car Rental Personal Effects & Business Property
- Car Rental Accidental Death & Dismemberment
- Baggage & Personal Effects
- Baggage insurance in case of delay
- Trip Cancellation Insurance
- Trip Interruption/Trip Delay
- Departure flight delay insurance
- Common Carrier Insurance
And for your purchases:
- Extended Warranty
- Purchase Protection
The Best Business Credit Card for Travel Points
BMO Rewards® Business Mastercard®*
The BMO Rewards® Business Mastercard®* is one of the best Business Mastercard credit cards with travel points in Canada.
You can get a welcome bonus of 50,000 points after $5,000 in card purchases ($350 travel value). In addition, the $120 annual fee is waived in the first year!
With the BMO Rewards® Business Mastercard®*,you get 3 points for every dollar you spend on:
- office supplies
- cell phone/internet payments
And 1.5 points for every dollar you spend, Costco included!
You can redeem your BMO Rewards points on travel booked on the BMO Rewards website (flights, hotels, rental cars, all-inclusive).
Finally, you can combine the points you get with the two other BMO Rewards cards to save even more on your travels!
The Best Business Credit Card for Cash Back
BMO CashBack® Business Mastercard®*
The Best Business Credit Card for Hotels
Marriott Bonvoy™ Business American Express® Card
The Marriott Bonvoy™ Business American Express® Card offers a welcome bonus of 50,000 points: you can get free hotel nights 7,000 Marriott properties around the world.
Besides, you get an Annual Free Night Award with a redemption value of up to 35,000 points and 15 Elite nights per year, counting for your Marriott Bonvoy status.
You can earn 3 points per dollar for:
The Best Business Credit Card with Travel Benefits
Business Platinum Card® from American Express
With the Business Platinum Card® from American Express, you earn 1.25 Membership Rewards points for virtually every $1 in purchases.
With this welcome offer, you can earn a Welcome Bonus of 50,000 points when you charge $7,000 in purchases to your Card in your first three months of Cardmembership.
You can use your Membership Rewards points in multiple ways:
- Transfer points to frequent flyer programs (Aeroplan, British Airways Executive Club,Delta Skymiles, etc.)
- Transfer points to hotel programs (Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy)
- Redeem points for statement credits to offset any eligible purchase charged to your Card (1,000 points = $10)
- And more!
With the Business Platinum Card® from American Express,you also get travel benefits:
- Unlimited access for you and an additional traveller to more than 1,200 airport lounges across 130 countries and counting
- Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite status
- Access to the Fine Hotels & Resorts program
With this Card you can maximize your cash flow with up to 55 interest free days.
Finally, the Business Platinum Card® from American Express comes with premium insurance:
- Car Rental Theft and Damage Insurance
- $500,000 Travel Accident Insurance
- Emergency medical insurance (outside the province or country)
- Lost or Stolen Baggage Insurance
- Flight delay insurance and misdirected baggage
- Hotel or motel burglary insurance
- Purchase Protection® Plan
- Buyer’s Assurance® Protection Plan