These credit cards are among the best Mastercard credit cards in Canada!
Here is a table summarizing the different offers. For more details, read on or click on the name of a card.
HSBC World Elite® Mastercard®
The HSBC World Elite Mastercard is an excellent no-conversion-fee credit card for foreign currency purchases, especially for your travel purchases.
Until September 29, 2023, you can get:
- Up to 80,000 points* ($400 value in travel rewards) if you live in Quebec, with no minimum spend!
- Up to 50,000 points* ($250 value in travel rewards) and first-year annual fee waiver if you live outside Quebec
Get your card before September 29, 2023!
With the HSBC World Elite® Mastercard®, you can earn:
- 6 points per dollar for travel purchases (flights, hotels, Airbnb, all-inclusive, etc.)
- 4 points per dollar for grocery, gas or drugstore purchases
- 2 points per dollar for all other purchases (including Costco)
This means a 1 to 3% return, depending on your purchases!
You can easily redeem your points on any travel purchase made with the HSBC World Elite Mastercard (flights, hotels, Airbnb, all-inclusive, etc). But you can also transfer your points to three airline loyalty programs: British Airways Executive Club, Asia Miles and Singapore Airlines Krisflyer.
In addition, the HSBC World Elite Mastercard comes with:
- $100 Annual Travel Credit (for airport lounges, for example)
- Access to Boingo WiFi hotspots around the world
- 10% discount for hotel bookings on Expedia or Agoda
- Premium insurance for your travels and purchases
Finally, the HSBC World Elite Mastercard does not charge any conversion fees for foreign exchange transactions: you save 2.5% for each transaction.
MBNA Rewards World Elite® Mastercard®
With the MBNA Rewards World Elite® Mastercard® you can earn 5 points per dollar on:
- Dining purchases
- Grocery purchases
- Digital media purchases (Netflix, Spotify, etc.)
- Household utility purchases (electricity, etc.)
Everywhere else, you will get 1 point per dollar.
Enough to make the MBNA Rewards World Elite® Mastercard® the best MBNA credit card for dining purchases, grocery purchases, digital media, subscriptions and household utility purchases.
Knowing that Mastercard recognizes Walmart Supercenters as grocery stores, this is the best credit card for Walmart customers!
Plus, depending on your province of residence, you’ll get a welcome bonus of between 20,000 and 30,000 points, a value of $200 to $300!
And each year, you will receive Birthday Bonus Points equal to 10% of the total number of Points the Account earned in the 12 months before the month of your birthday, to a maximum Birthday Bonus each year of 15,000 Points.
Rogers World Elite® Mastercard®
The Rogers World Elite® Mastercard® is one of Canada’s best no-annual-fee cash-back credit cards.
With the Rogers World Elite® Mastercard®, you earn 1.5% cash back on all purchases (including at Costco). And 3% cash back on all purchases in U.S. dollars (making this credit card particularly suitable for Snowbirds).
As the Rogers World Elite® Mastercard® is a World Elite Mastercard, you benefit from the complimentary membership to Mastercard Travel Pass provided by DragonPass, which gives access to over 1,300 airport lounges worldwide (US$32 per person per visit).
What’s more, you’re protected by a wide range of insurance coverages, including:
- Extended Warranty and Purchase Protection
- Rental Car Collision/Damage
- Out-of-Province/Out-of-Country Emergency Medical
- Trip Interruption Insurance
- Trip Cancellation Insurance
RBC Cash Back Preferred World Elite Mastercard
With the RBC Cash Back Preferred World Elite Mastercard, earn 1.5% cash back on all your purchases. Costco included. And this, without any annual limit!
In addition, you get several benefits such as:
- Instant fuel savings at Petro-Canada
- 12 months free shipping with DoorDash
- Free Wi-Fi with Boingo
National Bank World Elite Mastercard
The National Bank’s World Elite Mastercard® is the Best National Bank Mastercard credit card.
With this card, you earn up to 5 points per dollar on your purchases:
- 5 points per dollar on grocery and restaurant purchases
- 2 points per dollar on gas and electric recharge purchases
- 2 points per dollar on recurring bills
- 2 points per dollar on À la carte Travel
- 1 point per dollar on all other purchases
And since it’s a National Bank Mastercard credit card, you can use it at Costco. With this card, you have access to a $150 annual travel credit that you can use in any of these categories:
- Airport parking
- Baggage fees
- Seat selection
- Access to airport lounges
- Flight upgrades
In addition, you can enjoy access to DragonPass airport lounges and free Wi-Fi with Boingo. And unlimited access to the National Bank Lounge at Montreal-Trudeau.
Finally, Milesopedia voted National Bank’s World Elite Mastercard the Best Credit Card for Travel and the Best Credit Card for Insurance in 2023.
BMO® CashBack® World Elite®* Mastercard®*
The BMO® CashBack® World Elite®* Mastercard®* is one of the best cash back Mastercard credit card in Canada.
For a limited time, you will earn up to 10% cash back on select purchases for the first 3 months (that’s up to $260 cash back). Besides, the annual fee is waived in the first year!
With the BMO® CashBack® World Elite®* Mastercard®*, you earn between 2% and 5% cash back on many spending categories:
- 5% on grocery purchases (on the first $500 you spend monthly)
- 4% on transit (on the first $300 you spend monthly)
- 3% on gas and electric vehicle charging (on the first $300 you spend monthly)
- 2% on recurring bill payments (on the first $500 you spend monthly)
Everywhere else, you’ll earn 1% cash back, including at Costco.
Finally, it is one of the only credit cards in its category to offer an extended warranty of 2 additional years.
BMO Ascend World Elite Mastercard
The BMO Ascend World Elite Mastercard is one of the best World Elite Mastercard credit cards with travel points in Canada. With our exclusive offer, you can get up to 70,000 Welcome Bonus Points:
- 40,000 points when you spend $3,000 in the first 3 months
- 2,500 points per month after $2,000 in monthly purchases from the 4th to the 15th month, up to 30,000 points
Plus, the annual fee is waived in the first year for both the primary cardholder and authorized users.
With the BMO Ascend World Elite Mastercard, a premium credit card from BMO, you get:
- 5 points per dollar on travel purchases
- 3 points per dollar on dining purchases
- 3 points per dollar for entertainment purchases
- 3 points per dollar on recurring bill payments
And 1 point for every $1 spent everywhere else, including at Costco. You can use your points for travel purchases on the BMO Rewards website (flights, hotels, car rentals, all-inclusive).
The BMO Ascend World Elite Mastercard also offers:
- Four annual complimentary passes to airport VIP lounges
- Excellent Premium insurance for your travels or purchases
- a premium concierge service
BMO® AIR MILES® World Elite®* Mastercard®*
Thanks to this exclusive offer for the BMO® AIR MILES® World Elite Mastercard®*, you earn 2,000 miles after $3,000 in purchases, representing a cash value of $210.
Besides, the annual fee is waived in the first year! And until October 4, 2023, you can also get a samsung.ca promo code worth $518!
With this card, you earn 3 miles for every $12 spent at participating AIR MILES Partners. Everywhere else, you’ll earn 1 Mile for every $12 spent, including at Costco and Walmart.
And it’s the only AIR MILES credit card in Canada to offer a 25% discount on one worldwide AIR MILES flight redemption during the calendar year
The BMO® AIR MILES® World Elite®* Mastercard®* card also offers:
- Premium insurance for your travels or purchases
- Double the miles for car rentals with National or Alamo
- Concierge services
The Rogers Mastercard® is one of Canada’s best no-annual-fee credit cards, especially for Rogers, Fido or Shaw customers.
Right now, you can earn 10% cash back for the first 3 months, up to a maximum of $100.
With the Rogers Mastercard®, and if you are actively subscribed to only one eligible service with Rogers, Fido or Shaw, you can earn 2% unlimited cash back on all your purchases. Eligible services include :
- Rogers Mobile
- Fido Mobile
- Rogers, Fido, or Shaw Home (Internet, TV, home phone, home monitoring, or satellite)
So this card is now also available to Quebec residents with a mobile service with Rogers or Fido!
You’ll also receive 30% more cash back every time you redeem it for Rogers, Fido or Shaw products. Plus, as a Rogers Mastercard® credit cardholder, you’ll get five Roam Like Home days at no cost every year for Rogers mobile plans (up to $75 value).
If you’re not a Rogers, Fido or Shaw customer, you’ll earn 2% cash back on U.S. dollar purchases and 1% unlimited cash back on all other purchases.
Tangerine Money-Back Credit Card
The Tangerine Money-Back Credit Card has no annual fee and offers cash back.
With this limited-time welcome offer, you can earn an additional 10% cash back (up to $100) when you spend up to $1,000 on everyday purchases during the first 2 months.
You can choose two to three categories that interest you (groceries, gas, furniture, home improvement, recurring bills, pharmacy, etc.) to earn 2% cash back ! And there is no annual cash back limit. It is one of the best credit cards for renovations.
In addition, the Tangerine Mastercard offers several insurance coverages for your purchases :
- 90 days purchase insurance
- One year extended warranty
Finally, during your first 30 days, transfer balances and pay only 1.95% interest on the transferred balance for the first 6 months.