The Best Visa Credit cards
These credit cards are among the best Visa credit cards in Canada.
Here is a table summarizing the different offers. For more details, read on or click on the name of a card.
TD® Aeroplan® Visa Infinite* Card
With the TD® Aeroplan® Visa Infinite* Card, you earn 1.5 points for every $1 spent on eligible:
- Grocery stores
- Gas stations
- Air Canada purchases, including Air Canada Vacations
With the TD® Aeroplan® Visa Infinite* Card, you can get:
- A welcome bonus of 10,000 Aeroplan points when you make your first purchase with your new card
- 10,000 additional Aeroplan points and a bonus Buddy Pass (different rules depending on your province of residence)
- An annual fee rebate for the primary cardholder (instead of $139)
- Annual fee rebate for the first year for up to 3 additional cardholders (instead of $75 per additional card )
- $100 NEXUS fee rebate
- Up to eight passengers travelling on the same reservation will all enjoy their first checked bag free (up to 23kg/50lb) when your travel originates on an Air Canada flight.
To receive the first-year annual fee rebate, you must activate your Card and make your first Purchase on the Account within the first 3 months after Account opening and you must add your Additional Cardholders by August 17, 2021.
For Quebec Residents only: To receive the additional bonus 10,000 Aeroplan points and the bonus Buddy Pass, you must keep your Account open, active and in good standing for 90 days after Account opening. More Info here.
For Residents outside of Quebec: To receive the additional bonus 10,000 Aeroplan points and the bonus Buddy Pass, you must make $1,000 in net Purchases (less any returns and credits) on your Account, including your first Purchase, within 90 days of Account opening. More Info here.
CIBC Dividend® Visa Infinite* Card
The CIBC Dividend® Visa Infinite* Card is one of the best Visa credit cards with cash back in Canada. The minimum annual income required for this card is $60,000 (personal) or $100,000 (household).
With this Card, you earn:
- 4% cash back on eligible gas and groceries purchases
- 2% cash back on eligible transportation, dining purchases and recurring payments
- 1% on all other purchases
Currently, you will get 10% cash back for the first 4 statements on total purchases of up to $2,000. And you’ll get a first-year annual fee rebate!
And this card has comprehensive insurance:
- Auto Rental Collision/Loss Damage Insurance
- $500,000 Common Carrier Accident Insurance
- Flight Delay and Baggage Insurance
- Trip Interruption Insurance
- Out-of-Province Emergency Travel Medical Insurance
- Purchase Security and Extended Protection Insurance
Scotia Momentum® VISA Infinite* card
Currently, there is no annual fee in the first year, including on additional cards. Plus, you earn 10% cash back in the first three months.
After, with the Scotia Momentum® VISA Infinite* card, you earn:
- 4% cash back on groceries and recurring bills
- 2% cash back on gas and transit
- 1% cash back on everything else
And this card has outstanding insurance.
Scotiabank Passport™ Visa Infinite* Card
With the Scotiabank Passport™ Visa Infinite* Card, you get 30,000 points after only $1,000 in card purchases ($300 value).
And every year, if you charge at least $40,000 in purchases to your card, you’ll get a 10,000 annual bonus ($100 value).
Besides, the first year is free for the primary and additional cardholders.
With the Scotiabank Passport™ Visa Infinite* Card, you get 2 points per dollar you spend on:
- grocery stores
You can redeem your points for any travel purchases (flights, hotels, all-inclusive and even Airbnb).
The Scotiabank Passport™ Visa Infinite* Card also offers:
- no foreign transaction fee
- 6 complimentary passes to airport VIP lounges
- Premium insurance for your travels or purchases
- Concierge services