Best credit cards by category
The best credit cards offers of the month
In July 2020, three offers stand out from the competition by:
- offering more points, miles or cash back
- or a simple bonus you can get after the first purchase
HSBC World Elite® Mastercard®
The HSBC World Elite® Mastercard® is a great credit card with no foreign transaction fees, especially for travel purchases.
With the HSBC World Elite® Mastercard®,you earn:
- 6 points per dollar for travel purchases (flights, hotels, Airbnb, all-inclusive, etc.)
- 3 points per dollar for all other purchases
It’s a 1% to 3% value depending on your purchases!
You can apply your points on any travel purchase charged to your HSBC World Elite® Mastercard® (flights, hotels, Airbnb, all-inclusive, etc.). But you can also transfer your points to three airline loyalty programs: British Airways Executive Club, Asia Miles and Singapore Airlines Krisflyer.
Finally, with the HSBC World Elite® Mastercard® you get:
- $100 annual travel credit (for airport lounges, for example)
- Unlimited access to Boingo WiFi hotspots around the world
- 10% discount for hotel bookings on Expedia or Agoda
- Premium insurance for your travels and purchases
Finally, the HSBC World Elite Mastercard does not charge any conversion fees for foreign exchange transactions: you save 2.5% for each transaction.
And it’s one of the best credit cards for Costco, earning 3 points per dollar there.
For Quebec, the HSBC World Elite® Mastercard® offers up to 90,000 welcome bonus points with no minimum expense. Just keep your account active for the first 6 months.
Outside of Quebec, the HSBC World Elite® Mastercard® offers up to 60,000 points as a welcome bonus subject to expenses ($5,000 in credit card purchases during the first 6 months).
As well as a full annual fee rebate for the first year.
Best Western Rewards Mastercard
If you’re looking for a credit card with no annual fee but with a welcome bonus, the Best Western Rewards® Mastercard is the card for you!
You earn 20,000 Best Western points after your first purchase! It can get you at least one free hotel night.
With this card you earn:
- 5 points per dollar at Best Western properties
- 1 point per dollar anywhere else, including Costco
National Bank's World Elite Mastercard
This credit card is the only one to offer a refund of up to $250 per year:
- seat selection
- baggage fees
- airport parking
Besides, it offers premium insurance for your purchases, including three years of extended warranty and comprehensive travel insurance.
Finally, you will get unlimited complimentary access to the National Bank Lounge at Montreal-Trudeau International Airport.