- Limited time offer: earn 15,000 points and a first-year annual fee waiver
- Up to 2 points per dollar spent
- Get a refund of up to $250 per year on seat selection, airport parking and baggage fees
- Enjoy up to 60 days’ coverage with our travel, trip cancellation/interruption, baggage loss and car rental insurance
- Trade you reward points without restrictions: gift cards, branded articles and travel rebates.
- Experience the ultimate in comfort at the National Bank VIP Lounge at Montreal-Trudeau International Airport
Fees & Conditions
- The value of cash back or points earned
- The value of the benefits or credits earned with the Card
- The annual fee value (offered or not)
|Calculation of the offer value
in the first year
|Value per point||0.9 ¢|
|Welcome bonus||≈ $135|
|Annual Travel Credit||up to $250|
|Unlimited access to the National Bank Lounge (YUL)
(an estimated $35 value per access)
Savings on annual fees for the first year:
The annual fees for the card will be refunded for the first year (for the main cardholder). They will appear as a charge and credit on the second or third statement after your account is opened. To receive the annual fee refund for the first year, you must make your first purchase on the account within the first 45 days of opening the account.
Bonus rewards points:
The bonus rewards points under this promotion will be credited to the credit card account in a single payment no later than the 5th statement following the account opening:
Platinum, World, or World Elite Mastercard: get 15,000 rewards points if $3,000 in net purchases or more are charged to the credit card account within the first three months following enrolment.
Platinum Business Mastercard: get 15,000 rewards points if $5,000 in net purchases or more are charged to the credit card account within the first three months following enrolment.
The account must be in good standing at the time the annual fees are refunded and bonus rewards points are applied.
The net purchases charged to your card are calculated over a period of three months, starting at account opening. For example, if the account is opened October 15,2021 the account holder will have until January 15, 2022 to charge the required amount of purchases to the account and obtain the bonus rewards points.
Net purchases refer to the amount in purchases charged to the account less returns and refunds. Annual fees, balance transfers, cash advances (including transactions that can be converted directly to cash, such as money orders, traveller’s cheques and gambling transactions), interest charges and any other fees and adjustments are not considered purchases and are therefore not included in the calculation.
Eligibility and terms and conditions
This promotion is intended for individuals who do not have a National Bank Mastercard credit card and have not held a National Bank credit card within the last 24 months. The promotion does not apply to additional cards. It cannot be combined with any other National Bank credit card promotion. Employees of National Bank and its subsidiaries and entities are not eligible for this promotion. The promotion may be modified, extended or cancelled, without prior notice, at any time.