Best Credit Cards to Earn Hilton Honors Points
These credit cards are for those who want to earn Hilton Honors points for free hotel nights.
Here is a table summarizing the different offers. For more details, read on or click on the name of a card.
American Express Cobalt™ Card
The American Express Cobalt™ Card is the best credit card from American Express.
You can get a welcome bonus of up to 30,000 Membership Rewards points, that’s a $300 value. Considering the minimum spend requirement in the first 12 months, this is a $480 value in the first year! Or up to 60,000 Hilton Honors points.
You can redeem your points in statement credits towards travel purchases or even on your everyday purchases. Or you can transfer your points to Marriott Bonvoy or Hilton Honors.
With the American Express Cobalt™ Card, you can earn between 1 and 5 points per dollar:
|Category||Points per dollar|
|Restaurants and bars||5|
|Gas & Transit||2|
Besides, this Card provides premium insurance: Car Rental Theft and Damage Insurance, Baggage delay, Lost or Stolen Baggage, Flight delay, $250,000 Travel Accident, Hotel or motel burglary, Buyer’s Assurance® Protection Plan, Purchase Protection Guarantee.
American Express® Gold Rewards Card
You can earn 2 points per dollar for:
- grocery stores
- expenses at gas stations
Besides, it provides premium insurance.
The Platinum Card® is the best premium Card in Canada for travellers.
With this card, you get:
- 3 points per dollar on dining purchases
- 2 points per dollar on travel purchases
- 1 point per dollar on all other purchases
With this great welcome offer, you could earn 50,000 Welcome Bonus points when you charge $3,000 in purchases to your Card in the first three months of Cardmembership.
You can use your Membership Rewards points in multiple ways:
- Transfer points to frequent flyer programs (Aeroplan, British Airways Executive Club, Delta Skymiles, etc.)
- Transfer points to hotel programs (Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy)
- Redeem points for statement credits to offset any travel purchase charged to your Card (1,000 points = $10)
- Redeem points for statement credits to offset any other purchase charged to your Card (1,000 points = $7)
- And more!
With this Card, you also have advantages for your travels:
- $200 Annual Travel Credit
- Unlimited access for you and an additional traveller to more than 1,200 airport lounges across 130 countries
- Hilton Honors Gold Elite status (complimentary breakfast at all Hilton hotels)
- Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite status
- Access to the Fine Hotels & Resorts program
Finally, the Platinum Card® comes with premium insurance: Car Rental Theft and Damage, $500,000 Travel Accident, Emergency medical insurance (outside the province or country), Lost or Stolen Baggage, Flight delay insurance and misdirected baggage, Hotel or motel burglary, Purchase Protection® Plan, Buyer’s Assurance® Protection Plan.
Choice Card from American Express™
Would you like a travel rewards credit card with no annual fee? Here is an option for you: the Choice Card from American Express™.
As a new Choice Card from American Express™ Cardmember, you can earn a Welcome Bonus of 10,000 Membership Rewards points when you charge $1,000 in purchases to your Card in the first 3 months of Cardmembership. It’s a value of $100 for travel or 10,000 Hilton Honors points.
With this no-fee Credit Card, you will also have access to online promotional offers to get points or rebates on your purchases.
American Express Business Edge™ Card
The American Express Business Edge™ Card is a great credit card for small businesses in Canada. With a low annual fee of only $99, this American Express credit card offers up to 57,000 Membership Rewards points in the first year, a $570 value. Or 57,000 Hilton Honors points!
Here are the details for the welcome bonus:
- You earn 45,000 Welcome Bonus points when you charge $5,000 in purchases to your Card in your first three months
- You earn 1,000 Membership Rewards points for each monthly billing period in which you spend $3,000 in purchases on your Card. This could add up to 12,000 points in a year.
With this Card, you can get 3x the points on purchases:
- Office supplies (Staples, etc.)
- Electronic (Apple, Dell, etc.)
- Eats & Drinks
Besides, you can add up to 99 supplementary cards at no cost.
Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card
With this card you also get:
- a free Weekend Night Reward within your first year and every year after renewal
- $250 Hilton Resort Statement Credit
- Complimentary Hilton Honors Diamond Status
- 14X Hilton Bonus Points at participating hotels or resorts within the Hilton Portfolio.
- 7X Bonus Points for eligible purchases: on flights booked directly with airlines or amextravel.com, on car rentals booked directly from select car rental companies & at U.S. restaurants
- 3X Hilton Honors Bonus Points for all other eligible purchases on your Card
- No foreign currency conversion fees