Best Credit Cards to Earn Hilton Honors Points
These credit cards are for those who want to earn Hilton Honors points for free hotel nights.
Here is a table summarizing the different offers. For more details, read on or click on the name of a card.
American Express Cobalt® Card
The American Express Cobalt™ Card is the best credit card from American Express, whether you want points for travel or cashback.
The welcome bonus is distributed monthly for the first 12 months. You earn 2,500 Membership Rewards points for every $500 in purchases charged to your card during the month (whether in the 1X, 2X, 3X or 5X category). That’s up to 30,000 Membership Rewards points.
Plus, you can earn a Welcome Bonus of 20,000 Membership Rewards points when you spend a total of $3,000 in purchases on your Card in your first 3 months of Cardmembership. That’s up to 50,000 Membership Rewards points as a welcome bonus!
You can easily use these points as statement credits for everyday or travel purchases. The value is the same for both: 1,000 points = $10. Or, you can transfer your points to Aeroplan, Marriott Bonvoy, or Hilton Honors.
With the American Express Cobalt™ Card, you can earn between 1 and 5 points per dollar:
|Category||Points per dollar|
|Restaurants and bars||5|
|Gas & Transit||2|
This is a 1 to 5% return on all these purchases.
In addition, this card provides excellent insurance coverage: car rental theft and damage, baggage delay, lost or stolen baggage, flight delay, $250,000 travel accident, hotel or motel burglary, Mobile Device Insurance, Extended Warranty, Purchase Protection Insurance.
Find out in this article how to optimize the welcome bonus to get 87,500 points with your current spending.
The Platinum Card® is the best premium Card in Canada for travellers.
With this welcome offer, you can earn up to 80,000 Membership Rewards points.
- 65,000 Membership Rewards points after $6,000 in Card purchases within the first 3 months
- 15,000 Membership Rewards points if you make a purchase within 14 to 17 months of joining
With this card, you get:
- 3 points per dollar on dining purchases
- 2 points per dollar on travel purchases
- 1 point per dollar on all other purchases
You can use your Membership Rewards points in multiple ways:
- Transfer points to frequent flyer programs (Aeroplan, British Airways Executive Club, Delta Skymiles, etc.)
- Transfer points to hotel programs (Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy)
- Redeem points for statement credits to offset any travel purchase charged to your Card (1,000 points = $10)
- Redeem points for statement credits towards other purchases (1,000 points = $10)
- And more!
With this Card, you also have advantages for your travels:
- $200 Annual Travel Credit
- Unlimited access for you and an additional traveller to more than 1,200 airport lounges across 130 countries
- Hilton Honors Gold Elite status (complimentary breakfast at all Hilton hotels)
- Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite status
- Access to the Fine Hotels & Resorts program
Finally, the Platinum Card® comes with premium insurance: Car Rental Theft and Damage, $500,000 Travel Accident, Emergency medical insurance (outside the province or country), Lost or Stolen Baggage, Flight delay insurance and misdirected baggage, Hotel or motel burglary, Purchase Protection® Plan, Buyer’s Assurance® Protection Plan.
American Express® Green Card
Would you like a travel rewards credit card with no annual fee? Here is an option for you: the American Express® Green Card.
By signing up for the American Express® Green Card, you can earn a Welcome Bonus of 10,000 Membership Rewards points when you charge $1,000 in purchases to your Card in the first 3 months of Cardmembership. It’s equal to $100, 10,000 Aeroplan points or 12,000 Marriott Bonvoy points.
With this no-fee Credit Card, you will also have access to online promotional offers to get points or rebates on your purchases.
American Express Business Edge™ Card
The American Express Business Edge™ Card is a great credit card for small businesses in Canada. With a low annual fee of only $99, this American Express credit card offers up to 57,000 Membership Rewards points in the first year, a $570 value. Or 57,000 Hilton Honors points!
Here are the details for the welcome bonus:
- You earn 45,000 Welcome Bonus points when you charge $5,000 in purchases to your Card in your first three months
- You earn 1,000 Membership Rewards points for each monthly billing period in which you spend $3,000 in purchases on your Card. This could add up to 12,000 points in a year.
With this Card, you can get 3x the points on purchases:
- Office supplies (Staples, etc.)
- Electronic (Apple, Dell, etc.)
- Eats & Drinks
Besides, you can add up to 99 supplementary cards at no cost.
Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card
With this card you also get:
- a free Weekend Night Reward within your first year and every year after renewal
- $250 Hilton Resort Statement Credit
- Complimentary Hilton Honors Diamond Status
- 14X Hilton Bonus Points at participating hotels or resorts within the Hilton Portfolio.
- 7X Bonus Points for eligible purchases: on flights booked directly with airlines or amextravel.com, on car rentals booked directly from select car rental companies & at U.S. restaurants
- 3X Hilton Honors Bonus Points for all other eligible purchases on your Card
- No foreign currency conversion fees