Going to New York for Easter
Go to New York for the Easter long weekend and see the Easter Parade!
Already, several bus tours organized by the major tour operators are fully booked for the Easter weekend of 2023.
But here’s a 4-day itinerary to get there at your own pace and some tips on how to get there without it being too expensive. By car, the trip takes 6 hours from Montreal or 8h30 from Quebec City.
Then, on site, don’t hesitate to visit activity booking platforms like Viator.
To immerse yourself in the history of this friendly city, Boston is about a 6 hour 15 minute drive from Quebec City or 5 hours from Montreal.
In fact, we’ve included Boston in the destinations where the cost in Aeroplan points is advantageous for a visit of a few days.
It’s still time to go stock up on good maple products. If you want to stay well wrapped up, you can also bring some home with Ma Cabane à la maison.
- A sugar shack and a slide in a flying saucer? It is at the Cabane à sucre des sportifs in Saint-Esprit (Lanaudière) that you can see all this.
- There is always the very popular Constantin Sugar Shack in Saint-Eustache
- Chabot Sugar Shack in Neuville
- In Trois-Rivières, the Cabane à sucre Chez Dany is open from Thursday to Sunday for its traditional all-you-can-eat menu
- In the Outaouais, the succulent Sucrerie du Terroir in Val-des-Monts is one of the best in Quebec
To understand how a sugar bush works, become a Maple Syrup Producer for a day at the Aux petits plaisirs de Warwick sugar shack.
- Maggie Oakes is a unique Easter table d’hôte in Montreal
- At the Esterel Resort in the Laurentians, the fabulous Easter brunch is available for $69 per
- person, from 11:30 am to 1:30 pm. Reservations are required.
- Also, a vegan Easter brunch is available at LOV in Laval (Centropolis), Montreal (McGill) and at DIX30 in
- The Vieux-Port Steakhouse in Montreal offers a special Easter menu with a buffet with 4 different food stations.
- Easter Brunch at Le Montagnais Hotel in Saguenay
- Brunch at Tequila Lounge in Quebec City, with a vegetarian option.
To get the most rewards when dining out, the best trick is to choose a credit card that gives the most points! Then, these points will be used to pay for your precious vacation at a lower price.
- La Route des Gerbes d’Angelica in Mirabel organizes the Easter Riddles activity, filled with adventures in a colorful course.
- Go to the waterslides and pools at JayPeak’s PumpHouse, about 2 hours from Montreal or 3.5 hours from Quebec City.
- Bora Parc in Valcartier is another destination where you can have fun in the palm trees and the heat.
- To the sound of a DJ from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., stroll through Tremblant’s pedestrian village to get your makeup done, eat chocolate eggs and play sports.
- On April 1, 2, 7, 8, 9 and 10, the Quinn Farm in Notre-Dame-de-l’Île-Perrot offers an Easter egg hunt. Reservation required.
- Walk with butterflies in Brossard, thanks to Bfly.
And the chocolate
Because there’s more to Easter than devouring delicious Ferrero Rocher, here are some great chocolate businesses: