To earn Desjardins Bonusdollars, you’ll need a credit card linked to the Bonusdollars loyalty program.
These credit cards allow you to accumulate between 1 and 2% of your purchases in Bonusdollars.
There are 8 main ways to exchange your BONUSDOLLARS, some of which are more advantageous than others.
Good money for goodies
The BONUSDOLLARS rewards catalogue offers access to multiple rewards divided into 29 major gift families:
- House and Garden
- Fashion and Luggage
- Health and Beauty
- Sports and Leisure
- Entertainment Access
- Gift cards … and more!
You’ll have to search for the reward gift you like. You must have a minimum of 20 BONUSDOLLARS in your account to make an exchange.
Good money for good entertainment
This is a postponement.
You must have purchased your tickets for shows, movies, theatre, attractions and museums through traditional distributors (e.g. Evenko).
Once the expense appears on your Desjardins credit card account, you can use your BONUSDOLLARS.
What is practical: the possibility of using your BONUSDOLLARS in whole or in part.
Here is the procedure as described on the Desjardins site:
- Online from a computer
- Go to AccèsD
- Choose the card associated with the BONUSDOLLARS to exchange
- In the right-hand menu, click on BONUSDOLLARS
- Click on Exchange BONUSDOLLARS
- Select the Eligible Transactionscategory
- In the mobile application
- Log on to the Desjardins Mobile Services application
- Select the credit card of your choice under My Accounts or Favorites
- Press Information
- Choose BONUSDOLLARS
- Press Exchange BONUSDOLLARS
- Select the Eligible Transactions category
If you have any problems, you can do so at your Desjardins Caisse counter or by calling Customer Service at 1-800-363-4345.
Please note: this discount must be made within 60 days of purchase.
This is a good use case for your BONUSDOLLARS: you won’t pay more for your reward because you buy the tickets yourself!
Bonusdollars in exchange for financial products and services
You can use your BONUSDOLLARS in exchange for financial products and services offered by Desjardins:
- Desjardins Private Management
- Desjardins General Insurance
- Savings products
- Desjardins/Disnat Securities
- Desjardins RRSP or Desjardins Group RRSP Funds, Desjardins Fund Investment Solutions, ESPs
- Capital régional et coopératif Desjardins
- Financing products
- Insurance products
- Transaction fees on chequing accounts (EOP), regular savings accounts (ES) and term savings accounts (ET)
In short, you can do almost anything with your BONUSDOLLARS when it comes to Desjardins financial products and services.
This is a good way to use your BONUSDOLLARS if you don’t have any trips planned!
To see the terms and conditions, click here.
Bonusdollars in exchange for travel
This is the best use you can make of your BONUSDOLLARS, especially for Desjardins Odyssey World Elite Mastercard holders.
In fact, when you pay for your trip with your Desjardins credit card, you are covered by travel insurance (which is excellent on the Desjardins Odyssey World Elite Mastercard).
One of the big advantages of your BONUSDOLLARS is that you can apply them to any travel expense. If you don’t like restricted travel miles or points, then BONUSDOLLARS are for you.
As with entertainment, here you can use all or part of your BONUSDOLLARS to pay for your trip.
The travel expenses for which you can redeem your BONUSDOLLARS are varied:
- Hotel, inn, bed and breakfast…
- Plane, train, bus
- And even on the cost of admission to the Salon Odyssée Desjardins at Montréal’s Pierre Elliott Trudeau International Airport
To use your BONUSDOLLARS for a travel expense, you must use the same method for entertainment expenses described above.
Good money for good gifts
Donate to the for-profit organization of your choice using your credit card. You will then be able to redeem your BONUSDOLLARS approximately 48 business hours after the transaction has been authorized.
Bonusdollars in exchange for public transport
You can also exchange your BONUSDOLLARS for public transit tickets (commuter train, metro, bus).
Bonusdollars in exchange for restaurant meals
Earn BONUSDOLLARS by paying for your meal with your credit card, then redeem them to credit your expense.
Bonusdollars in exchange for a discount on the account
This option is only available to Odyssey Visa Infinite Privilege cardholders. Use your BONUSDOLLARS to pay off the amount charged to your credit card.
What is Desjardins Bonusdollars reward program?
Bonusdollars is the Caisses Desjardins loyalty program. The points accumulated are called Bonusdollars and can be considered as cash back.
What can you buy with Bonusdollars?
There are eight ways to exchange your Bonusdollars:
- Gift rewards in several categories, including Kitchen, Electronics, Home and Garden, Travel and Luggage, Health and Beauty, Sports and Leisure, Gift Cards, etc.
- Entertainment: this is a postponement. Note that this discount must be made within 60 days of purchase.
- Bonusdollars in exchange for financial products and services
- Bonusdollars in exchange for travel: hotel, inn, B&B, plane, train, bus and even for the cost of admission to the Salon Odyssée Desjardins at Montreal’s Pierre Elliott Trudeau International Airport
- Good money for good gifts
- Bonusdollars in exchange for public transport tickets (commuter train, metro, bus)
- Bonusdollars in exchange for restaurant meals
- Bonusdollars in exchange for account rebates (only for Odyssey Visa Infinite Privilege cardholders)
Can we transfer the Bonusdollars to other programs?
No, Bonusdollars points cannot be transferred to another loyalty program.
What is the Desjardins Bonusdollars credit card accumulation rate?
To earn Desjardins Bonusdollars, you’ll need a credit card linked to the Bonusdollars loyalty program. These credit cards allow you to earn between 1 and 2% of your purchases in Bonusdollars. Some promotions also allow a 4% rate.