Best Credit Cards for Food Delivery and Dining
These credit cards are ideal if you have a lot of spending in food delivery, restaurants or bars.
Here is a table summarizing the different offers. For more details, read on or click on the name of a card.
American Express Cobalt™ Card
The American Express Cobalt™ Card is the best credit card from American Express, whether you want points for travel or cashback.
You can get a welcome bonus of up to 30,000 Membership Rewards points, that’s a $300 value. Considering the minimum spend requirement in the first 12 months, this is a $480 value in the first year!
You can easily use these points as statement credits for everyday or travel purchases. The value is the same for both: 1,000 points = $10. Or, you can convert your points into Marriott Bonvoy or Hilton Honors points.
With the American Express Cobalt™ Card, you can earn between 1 and 5 points per dollar:
|Category||Points per dollar|
|Restaurants and bars||5|
|Gas & Transit||2|
This is a 1 to 5% return on all these purchases.
Besides, this Card provides premium insurance: Car Rental Theft and Damage Insurance, Baggage delay, Lost or Stolen Baggage, Flight delay, $250,000 Travel Accident, Hotel or motel burglary, Buyer’s Assurance® Protection Plan, Purchase Protection Guarantee.
Scotiabank Gold American Express® Card
Scotiabank Gold American Express® Card only requires a $12,000 minimum income and is therefore accessible to as many people as possible.
For a limited time, you can earn up to 50,000 points in the first year, which is a $500 value for travel including Airbnb. And the first-year is free!
With the Scotiabank Gold American Express® Card, you earn 5 points per dollar for:
- grocery stores
You can redeem your points on travel purchases (flights, hotels, all-inclusive and even Airbnb).
The Scotiabank Gold American Express® Card is a no foreign transaction fee card. It has Premium travel and purchase insurance, Concierge services, Exclusive Benefits American Express (Front of the Line Program).
American Express® Aeroplan®* Card
With this welcome offer for the American Express® Aeroplan®* Card, you can earn up to 40,000 Aeroplan points and an Air Canada Buddy Pass.
- 10,000 Aeroplan points and a bonus Buddy Pass after $1,500 in Card purchases within the first 3 months
- 2,500 Aeroplan Points per month, after $500 in Card purchases per month for the first 12 months or 30,000 Aeroplan Points
Remember, you can convert the Air Canada Buddy Pass into 30,000 Aeroplan Points if you wish. So you could earn up to 70,000 Aeroplan points with this welcome offer.
With this Card, you earn 2X the points on purchases made directly with Air Canada and Air Canada Vacations.
And 1.5x the points on Dining and Food Delivery purchases in Canada. Anywhere else, you will earn 1X the points.
Enjoy your first checked bag free (up to 23kg/50lb) for up to 9 people travelling on the same reservation on Air Canada®* flights.
BMO eclipse Visa Infinite* Card
By applying for the New BMO eclipse Visa Infinite* Card, you can get up to 40,000 BMO Rewards points and the $120 annual fee waived in the first year.
- 25,000 points after you spend a minimum of $3,000 within the first three months
- 15,000 points twelve months after the Credit Card account open date
You will also receive a $50 statement credit each calendar year to spend however you want.
With the New BMO eclipse Visa Infinite* Card, you can earn 5x the BMO Rewards points for every $1 spent on:
- Food delivery
And 1 BMO Rewards point for every $1 spent on everything else.
Plus, if you add an authorized user to your account, you’ll earn 10% more points.
Regarding insurance, the New BMO eclipse Visa Infinite* Card includes:
- Travel Emergency Medical Insurance
- Rental Car Collision Loss/Damage Insurance
- Travel Accident Insurance
- Mobile device insurance
- Purchase security insurance
- Extended warranty
To apply for the new BMO eclipse Visa Infinite* Card, you must have a minimum $60,000 (individual) or $100,000 (household) annual income.
The Platinum Card® is the best premium Card in Canada for travellers.
With this welcome offer, you can earn up to 80,000 Membership Rewards points.
- 65,000 Membership Rewards points after $6,000 in Card purchases within the first 3 months
- 15,000 Membership Rewards points if you make a purchase within 14 to 17 months of joining
With this card, you get:
- 3 points per dollar on dining purchases
- 2 points per dollar on travel purchases
- 1 point per dollar on all other purchases
You can use your Membership Rewards points in multiple ways:
- Transfer points to frequent flyer programs (Aeroplan, British Airways Executive Club, Delta Skymiles, etc.)
- Transfer points to hotel programs (Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy)
- Redeem points for statement credits to offset any travel purchase charged to your Card (1,000 points = $10)
- Redeem points for statement credits towards other purchases (1,000 points = $10)
- And more!
With this Card, you also have advantages for your travels:
- $200 Annual Travel Credit
- Unlimited access for you and an additional traveller to more than 1,200 airport lounges across 130 countries
- Hilton Honors Gold Elite status (complimentary breakfast at all Hilton hotels)
- Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite status
- Access to the Fine Hotels & Resorts program
Finally, the Platinum Card® comes with premium insurance: Car Rental Theft and Damage, $500,000 Travel Accident, Emergency medical insurance (outside the province or country), Lost or Stolen Baggage, Flight delay insurance and misdirected baggage, Hotel or motel burglary, Purchase Protection® Plan, Buyer’s Assurance® Protection Plan.
NBC mycredit Mastercard
For a limited time, as a new NBC mycredit Mastercard credit cardholder, you get:
- 8% cashback on restaurant and food delivery purchases
- 8% cashback on recurring pre-authorized payments
All this up to $1,500 charged to the card during the first three months (a $120 value).
With the NBC mycredit Mastercard, you earn:
- 1% cash back on restaurant purchases and recurring pre-authorized payments
- 0.5% cash back on all other purchases, including at Costco
Cash back is automatically applied to your credit card statement every billing cycle.
We recommend this credit card for those who are new to credit cards and want a credit card with no annual fee. Especially since this credit card comes with some insurance for your purchases, including mobile device insurance (which is rare for a no annual fee credit card ).
Marriott Bonvoy™ Business American Express® Card
The Marriott Bonvoy™ Business American Express® Card is the best credit card for sole-proprietor, professional and small business owners who travel.
For a limited time, you can earn up to 80,000 Marriott Bonvoy points!
- 65,000 Marriott Bonvoy points after $5,000 in Card purchases within the first 6 months
- 15,000 Marriott Bonvoy points when you make a purchase between 14 to 17 months of Cardmembership
So you can easily earn 80,000 Marriott Bonvoy points with this offer.
Besides, you could take advantage of this opportunity to charge your Card for all your purchases at gas stations (gas, gift cards, convenience store products), for travel (flights, car rentals, etc.) and for all your eats and drinks purchases to earn 5 Marriott Bonvoy points per dollar spent for 6 months. An incredible offer, especially for small businesses with a lot of purchases in these categories!
It’s a Card we recommend keeping because each year at renewal, you get an Annual Free Night Award (for up to 35,000 points at hotels worldwide) and 15 Elite Night Credits per year, counting towards your Marriott Bonvoy Elite status.
With this Card, you earn 5 points per dollar on all purchases at Marriott Bonvoy properties. And you can earn 3 points per dollar on:
- Travel purchases
And 2 points per dollar on all other purchases.
American Express Business Edge™ Card
The American Express Business Edge™ Card is a small business credit card in Canada. This business credit card has a low annual fee ($99) and offers up to 42,000 Membership Rewards Points in the first year ($420 value).
You can earn 3 times the points on:
- Office supplies (Staples, etc.)
- Electronics (Apple, Dell, etc.)
- Eats & Drinks
Also, you can get up to 99 free supplementary cards.