Best Credit Cards for Food Delivery and Dining
These credit cards are ideal if you have a lot of spending in food delivery, restaurants or bars.
Here is a table summarizing the different offers. For more details, read on or click on the name of a card.
American Express Cobalt™ Card
The American Express Cobalt™ Card is the best credit card from American Express.
You can get a welcome bonus of up to 30,000 Membership Rewards points, that’s a $300 value. Considering the minimum spend requirement in the first 12 months, this is a $480 value in the first year!
You can redeem your points in statement credits towards travel purchases or even on your everyday purchases. Or you can transfer your points to Marriott Bonvoy or Hilton Honors.
With the American Express Cobalt™ Card, you can earn between 1 and 5 points per dollar:
|Category||Points per dollar|
|Restaurants and bars||5|
|Gas & Transit||2|
Besides, this Card provides premium insurance: Car Rental Theft and Damage Insurance, Baggage delay, Lost or Stolen Baggage, Flight delay, $250,000 Travel Accident, Hotel or motel burglary, Buyer’s Assurance® Protection Plan, Purchase Protection Guarantee.
Scotiabank Gold American Express® Card
Scotiabank Gold American Express® Card only requires a $12,000 minimum income and is therefore accessible to as many people as possible.
You can earn 40,000 points in the first year for a limited time, a $400 value for travel, including Airbnb.
With the Scotiabank Gold American Express® Card, you earn 5 points per dollar for:
- grocery stores
You can redeem your points on travel purchases (flights, hotels, all-inclusive and even Airbnb).
The Scotiabank Gold American Express® Card is a no foreign transaction fee card. It has Premium travel and purchase insurance, Concierge services, Exclusive Benefits American Express (Front of the Line Program).
BMO eclipse Visa Infinite* Card
By applying for the New BMO eclipse Visa Infinite* Card, you can get up to 40,000 BMO Rewards points and the $120 annual fee waived in the first year.
- 25,000 points after you spend a minimum of $3,000 within the first three months
- 15,000 points twelve months after the Credit Card account open date
You will also receive a $50 statement credit each calendar year to spend however you want.
With the New BMO eclipse Visa Infinite* Card, you can earn 5x the BMO Rewards points for every $1 spent on:
- Food delivery
And 1 BMO Rewards point for every $1 spent on everything else.
Plus, if you add an authorized user to your account, you’ll earn 10% more points.
Regarding insurance, the New BMO eclipse Visa Infinite* Card includes:
- Travel Emergency Medical Insurance
- Rental Car Collision Loss/Damage Insurance
- Travel Accident Insurance
- Mobile device insurance
- Purchase security insurance
- Extended warranty
To apply for the new BMO eclipse Visa Infinite* Card, you must have a minimum $60,000 (individual) or $100,000 (household) annual income.
The Platinum Card® is the best premium Card in Canada for travellers.
With this card, you get:
- 3 points per dollar on dining purchases
- 2 points per dollar on travel purchases
- 1 point per dollar on all other purchases
With this great welcome offer, you could earn 50,000 Welcome Bonus points when you charge $3,000 in purchases to your Card in the first three months of Cardmembership.
You can use your Membership Rewards points in multiple ways:
- Transfer points to frequent flyer programs (Aeroplan, British Airways Executive Club, Delta Skymiles, etc.)
- Transfer points to hotel programs (Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy)
- Redeem points for statement credits to offset any travel purchase charged to your Card (1,000 points = $10)
- Redeem points for statement credits to offset any other purchase charged to your Card (1,000 points = $7)
- And more!
With this Card, you also have advantages for your travels:
- $200 Annual Travel Credit
- Unlimited access for you and an additional traveller to more than 1,200 airport lounges across 130 countries
- Hilton Honors Gold Elite status (complimentary breakfast at all Hilton hotels)
- Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite status
- Access to the Fine Hotels & Resorts program
Finally, the Platinum Card® comes with premium insurance: Car Rental Theft and Damage, $500,000 Travel Accident, Emergency medical insurance (outside the province or country), Lost or Stolen Baggage, Flight delay insurance and misdirected baggage, Hotel or motel burglary, Purchase Protection® Plan, Buyer’s Assurance® Protection Plan.
Marriott Bonvoy™ Business American Express® Card
The Marriott Bonvoy™ Business American Express® Card is the best credit card for sole-proprietor, professional and small business owners who travel.
For a limited time, you can earn a welcome bonus of 60,000 points and a $150 statement credit!
Besides, you will receive an Annual Free Night Award after your anniversary each year (35,000 points value) and 15 Elite Night Credits each calendar year, counting for your Marriott Bonvoy status.
You can earn 3 points per dollar for:
- Travel purchases
And 2 points per dollar on all other purchases.
American Express Business Edge™ Card
The American Express Business Edge™ Card is a small business credit card in Canada. This business credit card has a low annual fee ($99) and offers up to 42,000 Membership Rewards Points in the first year ($420 value).
You can earn 3 times the points on:
- Office supplies (Staples, etc.)
- Electronics (Apple, Dell, etc.)
- Eats & Drinks
Also, you can get up to 99 free supplementary cards.