Best credit cards by category
The Best Credit cards For Airbnb
These 3 credit cards are perfect for redeeming points for Airbnb rentals.
HSBC World Elite® Mastercard®
The HSBC World Elite® Mastercard® is a great credit card with no foreign transaction fees, especially for travel purchases.
For a limited time, you can get:
- Quebec: up to 130,000 points (or $650) with no minimum spend requirement
- Outside Quebec: up to 100,000 points ($550) after $5,000 in Card purchases in 6 months and a First-Year Annual Fee Rebate
With the HSBC World Elite® Mastercard®,you earn:
- 6 points per dollar for travel purchases (flights, hotels, Airbnb, all-inclusive, etc.)
- 3 points per dollar for all other purchases
It’s a 1% to 3% value depending on your purchases!
You can apply your points on any travel purchase charged to your HSBC World Elite® Mastercard® (flights, hotels, Airbnb, all-inclusive, etc.). But you can also transfer your points to three airline loyalty programs: British Airways Executive Club, Asia Miles and Singapore Airlines Krisflyer.
Finally, with the HSBC World Elite® Mastercard® you get:
- $100 annual travel credit (for airport lounges, for example)
- Unlimited access to Boingo WiFi hotspots around the world
- 10% discount for hotel bookings on Expedia or Agoda
- Premium insurance for your travels and purchases
Finally, the HSBC World Elite® Mastercard® does not charge any conversion fees for foreign exchange transactions: you save 2.5% for each transaction.
And it’s one of the best credit cards for Costco where you earn 3 points per dollar.
American Express Cobalt™ Card
The American Express Cobalt™ Card is the best American Express Credit Card.
With the American Express Cobalt™ Card, you earn between 1 and 5 points per dollar:
|Category||Points per dollar|
|Restaurants and bars||5|
You can get up to 30,000 Membership Rewards Points as a Welcome Bonus, that’s a $300 value. You can earn 2,500 Membership Rewards® points for each monthly billing period in which you spend $500 in net purchases on your Card.
So, if each month you spend $500 in the 5x categories, you could get up to 60,000 points or $600 during the first year! You can redeem your points in statement credits towards travel purchases, or even on your everyday purchases. Or you can transfer your points to Marriott Bonvoy or Hilton Honors.
Besides, this Card provides premium insurance :
- Car Rental Theft and Damage Insurance
- Baggage delay insurance
- Lost or Stolen Baggage Insurance
- Flight delay insurance
- $250,000 Travel Accident Insurance
- Hotel or motel burglary insurance
- Buyer’s Assurance® Protection Plan
- Purchase Protection Guarantee
Scotiabank Gold American Express® Card
Scotiabank Gold American Express® Card only requires a $12,000 minimum income and is therefore accessible to as many people as possible.
For a limited time, you can get 25,000 points after $1,000 in credit card purchases, which is a $250 value for travels including Airbnb rentals.
With the Scotiabank Gold American Express® Card,you earn 5 points per dollar for:
- Grocery stores
You can redeem your points on travel purchases (flights, hotels, all-inclusive and even Airbnb).
Scotiabank’s American Express Gold Card also offers:
- no foreign currency transactions fee
- Premium insurance for your travels or purchases
- Concierge services
- Exclusive Benefits American Express (Front of the Line Program)
Scotiabank Passport™ Visa Infinite*
With the Scotiabank Passport™ Visa Infinite*, you get 25,000 points after only $1,000 in card purchases ($250 value).
And every year, if you charge at least $40,000 in purchases to your card, you’ll get a 10,000 annual bonus ($100 value).
With the Scotiabank Infinite Passport Visa Card,you get 2 points per dollar of purchase in:
The Scotiabank Passport™ Visa Infinite* also offers: