Best credit cards by category
The Best Credit cards For Retirees
These 3 credit cards offer premium insurance suitable for young retirees.
Here is a table summarizing the different offers. For more details, read on or click on the name of a card.
National Bank's World Elite Mastercard®
The National Bank’s World Elite Mastercard® is the best credit card from NBC.
For a limited time, you can get a $300 cashback after $4,000 spending in the first three months. And no annual fee the first year (a $150 saving)!
You can earn up to 2 points per dollar in Card purchases, including at Costco.
Besides, you get up to $250 in travel credits per calendar year:
- Airport parking: $100
- Baggage fees: $100
- Seat selection: $50
The National Bank’s World Elite Mastercard® is a credit card to keep, year after year, for several reasons:
- it has one of the best travel and purchases credit card insurance on the market
- up to $250 travel credit per year
- Unlimited access to the National Bank Lounge at Montreal-Trudeau airport
HSBC World Elite® Mastercard®
The HSBC World Elite® Mastercard® is a great credit card with no foreign transaction fees, especially for travel purchases.
For a limited time, you can get:
- Quebec: up to 130,000 points (or $650) with no minimum spend requirement
- Outside Quebec: up to 100,000 points ($550) after $5,000 in Card purchases in 6 months and a First-Year Annual Fee Rebate
Finally, with the HSBC World Elite® Mastercard® you get:
- $100 annual travel credit (for airport lounges, for example)
- Unlimited access to Boingo WiFi hotspots around the world
- 10% discount for hotel bookings on Expedia or Agoda
- Premium insurance for your travels and purchases
Finally, the HSBC World Elite® Mastercard® does not charge any conversion fees for foreign exchange transactions: you save 2.5% for each transaction.
And it’s one of the best credit cards for Costco, earning 3 points per dollar there.
- 6 points per dollar for travel purchases (flights, hotels, Airbnb, all-inclusive, etc.)
- 3 points per dollar for all other purchases
But you can also transfer your points to three airline loyalty programs: British Airways Executive Club, Asia Miles and Singapore Airlines Krisflyer.
Scotiabank Passport™ Visa Infinite* Card
With the Scotiabank Passport™ Visa Infinite* Card, you get 20,000 points after only $1,000 in card purchases ($200 value).
And every year, if you charge at least $40,000 in purchases to your card, you’ll get a 10,000 annual bonus ($100 value).
With the Scotiabank Passport™ Visa Infinite* Card,you get 2 points per dollar you spend on:
The Scotiabank Passport™ Visa Infinite* Card also offers: