The Best Credit cards For Retirees
These 3 credit cards offer premium insurance suitable for young retirees.
Here is a table summarizing the different offers. For more details, read on or click on the name of a card.
NBC World Elite Mastercard
Take advantage of this welcome offer to :
- Earn 15,000 Reward Points after a net purchase of $3,000 or more in the first three months
- get a first-year annual fee rebate
You can earn up to 2 points per dollar in card purchases, including at Costco.
Besides, you get up to $250 in travel credits per calendar year:
- Airport parking: $100
- Baggage fees: $100
- Seat selection: $50
Besides, you can enjoy access to the LoungeKey airport lounges as well as free Wi-Fi with Boingo.
The National Bank’s World Elite Mastercard® is a credit card to keep, year after year, for several reasons:
- it has one of the best travel and purchases credit card insurance on the market
- up to $250 travel credit per year
- Unlimited access to the National Bank Lounge at Montreal-Trudeau airport
Scotiabank Passport™ Visa Infinite* Card
With the Scotiabank Passport™ Visa Infinite* Card, you get 30,000 points after only $1,000 in card purchases ($300 value).
And every year, if you charge at least $40,000 in purchases to your card, you’ll get a 10,000 annual bonus ($100 value).
Besides, the first year is free for the primary and additional cardholders.
With the Scotiabank Passport™ Visa Infinite* Card, you get 2 points per dollar you spend on:
- grocery stores
You can redeem your points for any travel purchases (flights, hotels, all-inclusive and even Airbnb).
The Scotiabank Passport™ Visa Infinite* Card also offers:
- no foreign transaction fee
- 6 complimentary passes to airport VIP lounges
- Premium insurance for your travels or purchases
- Concierge services
HSBC World Elite® Mastercard®
The HSBC World Elite® Mastercard® is a great credit card with no foreign transaction fees, especially for travel purchases.
For a limited time, you can get:
- Up to 130,000 points (a $650 value in travel rewards) if you live in Quebec and with no minimum purchase!
- Up to 100,000 points (a $500 value in travel rewards) and a first year annual fee waiver if you live outside Quebec
With the HSBC World Elite® Mastercard®,you earn:
- 6 points per dollar for travel purchases (flights, hotels, Airbnb, all-inclusive, etc.)
- 3 points per dollar for all other purchases including Costco
It’s a 1% to 3% value depending on your purchases!
You can apply your points on any travel purchase charged to your HSBC World Elite® Mastercard® (flights, hotels, Airbnb, all-inclusive, etc.). But you can also transfer your points to three airline loyalty programs: British Airways Executive Club, Asia Miles and Singapore Airlines Krisflyer.
Finally, with the HSBC World Elite® Mastercard® you get:
- $100 annual travel credit (for airport lounges, for example)
- Unlimited access to Boingo WiFi hotspots around the world
- 10% discount for hotel bookings on Expedia or Agoda
- Premium insurance for your travels and purchases
Finally, the HSBC World Elite® Mastercard® does not charge any conversion fees for foreign exchange transactions: you save 2.5% for each transaction.
And it’s one of the best credit cards for Costco, earning 3 points per dollar there.