The Best Credit cards For Costco
These credit cards are among the best Mastercard credit cards for Costco in Canada!
Here is a table summarizing the different offers. For more details, read on or click on the name of a card.
National Bank's World Elite Mastercard®
The National Bank’s World Elite Mastercard® is the best NBC credit card.
With this exclusive welcome offer for Milesopedia readers, you can earn 35,000 points after $3,000 in purchases and the first year annual fee is waived for the primary and first additional cardholder.
You can earn up to 2 points per dollar in Card purchases, including at Costco. Besides, you get up to $250 in travel credits per calendar year:
- Airport parking: $100
- Baggage fees: $100
- Seat selection: $50
In addition, you can enjoy access to DragonPass airport lounges and free Wi-Fi with Boingo.
The National Bank’s World Elite Mastercard®is a credit card to keep, year after year, for several reasons:
- it has one of the best travel and purchases credit card insurance on the market
- up to $250 travel credit per year
- Unlimited access to the National Bank Lounge at Montreal-Trudeau airport
National Bank's World Mastercard
Don’t have the minimum income requirement for The National Bank’s World Elite Mastercard® ? Then the National Bank World Mastercard may be a good option for you. It requires a minimum personal income of $60,000 (or $100,000 household income).
You can earn up to 2 points per dollar in Card purchases, including at Costco.
Besides, you can enjoy access to the LoungeKey airport lounges as well as free Wi-Fi with Boingo.
And you’ll enjoy up to 60 days’ coverage with its travel, trip cancellation/interruption, baggage loss and car rental insurance.
HSBC World Elite® Mastercard®
The HSBC World Elite® Mastercard® is a great credit card with no foreign transaction fees, especially for travel purchases.
For a limited time, you can get:
- Up to 110,000 points ($550 value in travel rewards) if you live in Quebec and with no minimum purchase!
- Up to 80,000 points ($400 value in travel rewards) and waiver of the annual fee for the first year if you live outside Quebec
With the HSBC World Elite® Mastercard®, you can earn:
- 6 points per dollar for travel purchases (flights, hotels, Airbnb, all-inclusive, etc.)
- 3 points per dollar for all other purchases including Costco
This means a return of 1.5% to 3% depending on your purchases!
You can apply your points on any travel purchase charged to your HSBC World Elite® Mastercard® (flights, hotels, Airbnb, all-inclusive, etc.). But you can also transfer your points to three airline loyalty programs: British Airways Executive Club, Asia Miles and Singapore Airlines Krisflyer.
Finally, with the HSBC World Elite® Mastercard® you get:
- $100 annual travel credit (for airport lounges, for example)
- Unlimited access to Boingo WiFi hotspots around the world
- 10% discount for hotel bookings on Expedia or Agoda
- Premium insurance for your travels and purchases
Finally, the HSBC World Elite® Mastercard® does not charge any conversion fees for foreign exchange transactions: you save 2.5% for each transaction.
BMO® AIR MILES® World Elite®* Mastercard®*
With this exclusive offer for the BMO® AIR MILES® World Elite®* Mastercard®*, you can earn 3,000 AIR MILES Bonus Miles after $3,000 in Card purchases, representing a $310 cash value. Besides, the annual fee is waived in the first year!
With this card, you earn 3 miles for every $12 spent at participating AIR MILES Partners. Everywhere else, you’ll earn 1 Mile for every $12 spent, including at Costco and Walmart. And it’s the only AIR MILES credit card in Canada to offer a 15% discount on AIR MILES flights within North America with no blackout periods.
The BMO® AIR MILES® World Elite®* Mastercard®* card also offers:
- Premium insurance for your travels or purchases
- Double the miles for car rentals with National or Alamo
- Concierge services
BMO® CashBack® World Elite®* Mastercard®*
The BMO® CashBack® World Elite®* Mastercard®* is one of the best cash back Mastercard credit card in Canada.
For a limited time, you will earn 10% cash back on all purchases for the first three months (up to $260 cash back). Besides, the annual fee is waived in the first year!
With the BMO® CashBack® World Elite®* Mastercard®*, you earn between 2% and 5% cash back on many spending categories:
- 5% on grocery purchases (on the first $500 you spend monthly)
- 4% on transit (on the first $300 you spend monthly)
- 3% on gas and electric vehicle charging (on the first $300 you spend monthly)
- 2% on recurring bill payments (on the first $500 you spend monthly)
Everywhere else, you’ll earn 1% cash back, including at Costco.
Finally, it is one of the only credit cards in its category to offer an extended warranty of 2 additional years.