With this welcome offer for the American Express® Aeroplan®* Card you can earn up to 70,000 Aeroplan points.
- 45,000 Aeroplan points after $3,000 in Card purchases within the first 6 months
- 5 points for every $1 in eligible purchases at grocery stores, restaurants, bars and bistros in Canada within the first 3 months of Card membership (to a maximum of 10,000 Aeroplan points)
- 2,500 Aeroplan points for each monthly billing period in which you spend $500 in purchases on your Card for the first 6 months of Cardmembership. That could add up to 15,000 Aeroplan points
With this Card, you earn 2X the points on purchases made directly with Air Canada and Air Canada Vacations.
And 1.5x the points on Dining and Food Delivery purchases in Canada. Anywhere else, you will earn 1X the points.
Enjoy your first checked bag free (up to 23kg/50lb) for up to 9 people travelling on the same reservation on Air Canada®* flights.
Like all American Express Canada Cards, there is no minimum income requirement.
This welcome offer is broken down into 3 parts:
- After $3,000 in Card purchases within the first 6 months, you earn 45,000 points
- Every month for the first 6 months, after $500 in Card purchases, you earn 2,500 points, up to 15,000 points
- Finally, you earn up to 10,000 points when you spend $2,000 on eligible purchases at grocery stores, restaurants, bars and bistros in Canada within the first 3 months of your Card membership
- In total, you can earn up to 70,000 points
Tip: For the first 3 months, shop at grocery stores with this card to get the full welcome bonus!
And don’t hesitate to use the gift cards strategy for your grocery purchases (by getting gift cards for Amazon, SAQ, Home Depot, Netflix, etc.).
You can easily earn up to 70,000 Aeroplan points in 6 months. Here’s how:
|1||$667 (groceries)||2,500 + 3,335 (groceries)|
|2||$667 (groceries)||2,500 + 3,335 (groceries)|
|3||$666 (groceries)||2,500 + 3,330 (groceries)|
|6||$500||2 500 + 45 000|
|Total||3 500 $||15 000 + 45 000 + 10 000|
And with American Express’ online promotional offers, you could even recoup a good portion of the $120 annual fee (I’m thinking of Shop Small, for example, where you can get up to $50 in statement credit).
Air Canada Benefits
The American Express® Aeroplan®* Card is also convenient if you plan to travel with Air Canada in the near future.
With this card, you and up to eight people travelling on the same reservation can enjoy a first checked bag free (up to 23kg/50lbs.) on an Air Canada flight at your point of departure.
This is a great benefit, especially for families!
If you want to earn Aeroplan points, but aren’t willing to pay a $599 annual fee to get a Card like the American Express® Aeroplan®* Reserve Card, look no further: get up to 70,000 Aeroplan points for just $120!
And if you’re a couple or a family – and can meet the minimum required spending each month – you could each apply for the American Express® Aeroplan®* Card and earn up to 140,000 Aeroplan points for $240.
You will be able to share these points via Family Sharing.
Finally, if you don’t want to pay an annual fee in your first year, you could take advantage of this other welcome offer to earn up to 50,000 Aeroplan points!