This Credit Card is one of the Best Aeroplan Credit Cards in Canada.
For a limited time, you can get, as a welcome bonus:
- up to 15,000 Aeroplan points (an estimated $255 value)
- an Air Canada Buddy Pass (an estimated $400 value)
With this Card you can earn:
- 2 points per dollar on Air Canada and Air Canada Vacations purchases
- 1.5 points per dollar on dining and food delivery purchases
- 1 point per dollar on all other purchases.
Also, as a Cardmember, you get many benefits such as:
- The first checked bag free for you and up to 8 companions
- The ability to earn 1,000 Status Qualifying Miles and 1 Statuts Qualifying Segment for every $10,000 in purchases charged to your Card.
Finally, you are covered with reliable insurance for your travels and purchases.
Like most American Express Credit Cards, there is no minimum income required to apply for this Card.
- New American Express® Aeroplan®* Cardmembers can earn up to 15,000 Welcome Bonus Aeroplan points and a bonus Buddy Pass
- Earn 9,000 Aeroplan points and a bonus Buddy Pass for an eligible round-trip flight within North America after spending $1,500 in purchases within the first three months of Cardmembership
- Plus, you can also earn 1,000 Aeroplan points for each monthly billing period in which you spend $500 in purchases on your Card for the first six months of Cardmembership. That could add up to 6,000 Aeroplan points
- With a bonus Buddy Pass, you can bring a friend anywhere Air Canada flies in North America. On the second ticket, you only pay the taxes and third-party charges
- Earn 2x the points on eligible purchases made directly with Air Canada®* and Air Canada vacations®*
- Earn 1.5x the points on eligible Dining and Food Delivery purchases in Canada*
- Earn 1x the points on everything else*
- Enjoy your first checked bag free (up to 23kg/50lb) for up to 9 people travelling on the same reservation on Air Canada®* flights
- Earn 1,000 Status Qualifying Miles and 1 Status Qualifying Segment for every $10,000 in eligible net purchases charged to your Card
- As an American Express Aeroplan Cardmember, you can often book flight rewards for even fewer points with preferred pricing
- American Express® Experiences: From music and movies, to specially curated dining and online shopping opportunities, stay connected with all that we have to offer from the comfort of your own home
- Enjoy an array of travel related insurance benefits such as Lost or Stolen Baggage Insurance and up to $500,000 in Travel Accident Insurance
- 24/7 Customer Service and Emergency Card Replacement
- As part of our commitment to sustainability, the American Express® Aeroplan®* Card has been created using 70% reclaimed plastic
- No pre-set spending limit on purchases gives you flexibility. Using a charge card is a great way to manage your finances as the balance must be paid in full each month*
- *American Express is not responsible for maintaining or monitoring the accuracy of information on this website. For full details and current product information click the Apply now link. Conditions apply.
Fees & Conditions
We estimate the value of the welcome offer during the first year for all the credit card offers. Are taken into consideration:
- The value of cash back or points earned
- The value of the benefits or credits earned with the Card
- The annual fee value (offered or not)
|Calculation of the offer’s value in the first year|
|Value per point||1.7 ¢|
|Welcome bonus||≈ $255|
|Air Canada Buddy Pass||≈ $400|
Where can I use the American Express® Aeroplan®* Card in Quebec or Canada?
You can use your American Express® Aeroplan®* Card in grocery stores (Metro, Super C, Safeway, Whole Foods, etc.), in convenience stores (Circle K, 7Eleven, etc.), your favourite gas station (Esso, Shell, Petro-Canada, etc.) or any travel agency!
How many points can I earn on purchases made with the American Express® Aeroplan®* Card?
You can earn 1 point per dollar on all your purchases with the American Express® Aeroplan®* Card. And 1.5 points on dining and food delivery purchases. And 2 points with Air Canada.