HSBC Rewards and British Airways Executive Club
Under normal circumstances, you can convert 25,000 HSBC +Rewards points – earned with the HSBC World EliteMD Mastercard® – into 10,000 Avios miles.
So it’s like you’ve earned :
- 2.4 Avios per dollar for your travel purchases
- 1.6 Avios per dollar for purchases at gas stations, grocery stores and pharmacies
- 0.8 Avios per dollar for other purchases
This is already a decent conversion rate and one of the best uses of HSBC Rewards points.
Once or twice a year, HSBC Rewards organizes a promotion to convert your points into Avios miles. The last promotion was in June 2022, with a 30% bonus.
What’s more, when I took advantage of this promotion in 2022, I received my bonus points 48 hours later.
25% bonus between HSBC Rewards and British Airways Executive Club
From November 15 to December 15, 2023, you’ll have the opportunity to convert your HSBC Rewards points into Avios points with a 25% conversion bonus.
Although this offer is a little less tempting than the previous one, it’s a good return if you’re thinking of using HSBC Rewards points for Avios in the coming months.
Here are the conditions:
- A minimum of 25,000 HSBC Rewards points must be redeemed at one time;
- In addition to this minimum amount, HSBC points must be redeemed in increments of 10,000 points.
You’ll be able to convert your HSBC points in increments of 25,000, 35,000, 45,000 and so on. This will earn you 12,500, 17,500, 22,500 Avios, etc.
Avios miles are especially useful for booking award tickets in :
- North America for American Airlines flights
- Europe for British Airways or Iberia flights
- Australia for flights with Qantas
- Asia for flights with Cathay Pacific or Japan Airlines
- Between North America and Europe with Aer Lingus
- Between Europe and the Middle East with Qatar Airways
Or treat yourself to the luxury of British Airways First Class on certain routes. Explore the best uses of Avios in this article.
Please note that following the acquisition of HSBC Bank by RBC, the HSBC World Elite Mastercard credit card has been discontinued since October 1, 2023. This offer is therefore aimed at existing cardholders.