Earn 3 times more Flying Blue miles on Ottawa-Paris flights in Premium cabin
Travelers will be able to earn triple the Flying Blue miles when flying Air France from Ottawa (YOW) to Paris-Charles de Gaulle (CDG). Eligible flights are those in the premium cabin, i.e. Premium Economy or Business class.
Flights must be booked by October 26, 2023 for travel up to April 12, 2024.
The Ottawa-Paris route was initially planned as a seasonal service. In July 2023, Air France announced that the route would now be served year-round, with a frequency of five flights a week.
Flying Blue miles are earned on the basis of ticket price (minus taxes and fees) and status:
- Explorer members earn 4 miles for every euro spent
- Silver members earn 6 miles for every euro spent
- Gold members earn 7 miles for every euro spent
- Platinum members earn 8 miles for every euro spent
With this promotion, Platinum members can earn up to 24 Flying Blue miles per euro!
Earn Flying Blue Miles in Canada
Transfer your Membership Rewards Points to Flying Blue Miles
The main method of collecting Flying Blue miles in Canada is with American Express Membership Rewards cards. You can transfer your Membership Rewards into Flying Blue Miles at a ratio of 1,000 Membership Rewards points = 750 Flying Blue Miles.
Here are the American Express Rewards Cards available in Canada:
The best Membership Rewards card in Canada for earning Flying Blue Miles is the American Express CobaltMD Card, since it offers :
- 5 points per dollar for groceries, restaurants, bars, home deliveries, convenience stores
- 3 points per dollar for streaming services
- 2 points per dollar for travel, local transportation and gas stations
- 1 point per dollar on everything else
If we translate this into Flying Blue Miles, we get:
- 3.75 Flying Blue Miles per dollar for groceries, restaurants, bars, home deliveries and convenience stores
- 2.25 Flying Blue Miles per dollar for streaming services
- 1.5 Flying Blue Miles per dollar for travel, local transportation and gas stations
- 0.75 Flying Blue Miles per dollar for other purchases
Transfer your Marriott Bonvoy points to Flying Blue Miles
The second method of collecting Flying Blue miles in Canada is with American Express Marriott Bonvoy cards. You can transfer your Marriott Bonvoy points into Miles from numerous frequent flyer programs, including Flying Blue, at the ratio of 3 Marriott Bonvoy points = 1 Mile.
And if you transfer 60,000 Marriott Bonvoy points, you’ll earn 5,000 bonus Miles. Thus, 60,000 Marriott Bonvoy points = 25,000 Flying Blue Miles.
The two Marriott Bonvoy Credit Cards available in Canada are:
Take advantage of this Flying Blue promotion to multiply your miles on Premium cabin flights between Ottawa and Paris until October 26, 2023. The trip must be completed before April 12, 2024.