Welcome Bonus Offer: 10,000 Membership Rewards points
When you sign up for the American Express Green Card, you could earn a welcome bonus of 10,000 Membership Rewards points after $1,000 in purchases in three months.
This means that you will be able to transfer those points to hotel partners like Hilton Honors and Marriott Bonvoy. But also to airline programs like Aeroplan or British Airways Executive Club (Avios).
American Express is building on the flexibility of Membership Rewards points earned with this American ExpressTM Green Card:
|Statement credit for travel purchases||1,000 points = $10|
|Statement credit for all other purchases||1,000 points = $10|
|Eligible purchases on Amazon.ca||1,000 points = $10|
In our opinion, the best uses of these American Express Membership Rewards points remain:
- Amex Fixed Points Travel reward chart for flights (up to 2 cents per point)
- Points transfer to Hilton Honors or Marriott Bonvoy
For example, if you spend $1,000 in three months, you will earn:
- 1,000 points for your expenses
- 10,000 welcome bonus points
You can convert these 11,000 Membership Rewards points into 13,200 Marriott Bonvoy points.
Membership Rewards Points earning
If you want to earn more points, you’ll need to consider the American Express Cobalt™ Card. With that Card, you earn:
- 5 points for every $1 in Card purchases at grocery stores, food delivery services, restaurants and bars and convenience stores
- 2 points for every $1 spent on travel, transit and gas
- 1 point for every $1 in Card purchases on everything else
The American Express Cobalt® Card has a monthly fee of $12.99, which is more than offset by a much higher point accumulation, a higher welcome bonus, and numerous insurance benefits.
With this no-fee Credit Card, you will also have access to online promotional offers to get points or rebates on your purchases.
And it will be a way to keep Membership Rewards Select points that you might have earned on annual fee cards like the American Express Cobalt™ Card or the American Express Business Edge™ Card, should you ever decide to part with them!
Or a great way to top up your Marriott Bonvoy points balance and get free hotel nights!
Frequently Asked Questions
Does the American Express Green Card have an annual fee?
The Green Card from American Express has no annual fee.
How many points do I get with the American Express Green Card?
When you sign up for the American Express? Green Card, you can earn a welcome bonus of 10,000 Membership Rewards points by charging $1 000 in purchases to your Card in the first 3 months.
You also earn 1 point for every $1 spent in Card purchases.
How do I use my American Express Green Card points?
There are many ways to use the points you earn with the American Express?
- Statement credit for travel purchases
- Statement credit for all other purchases
- Eligible purchases on Amazon.ca
- Transfer points to Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, Aeroplan and other frequent flyer programs
- Redeem points for flights with the American Express Travel agency
Read our guide about the American Express Membership Rewards Program.
How do I combine American Express Green Card points with other Cards?
Contact American Express and ask to combine the points into one account.