Article updated on 25/03/2020
Hilton Honors' actions
Hilton Honors has taken several actions as part of COVID-19. In particular on:
- cancellations or modifications of reservations
- various aspects of the loyalty program
All existing reservations (even those designated as non-cancelable under “advance payment”) with arrival dates prior to June 30, 2020 may be changed or cancelled at no charge up to 24 hours prior to the scheduled arrival date.
All new reservations (even those designated as non-cancelable under “advance payment”) made within a period from today through June 30, 2020 for a future arrival date may be changed or cancelled at no charge up to 24 hours prior to the scheduled arrival date.
Hilton Honors Program gestures
Pause for points expiration
Hilton Honors is pausing the expiration of points until December 31, 2020.
Extension of the validity period of one-night free certificates
Also, members with an annual free weekend night certificate (obtained in the U.S. with the Hilton Honors American Express Aspire card, for example) will have the expiration date extended to August 31, 2021.
Hilton Honors Status
Hilton Honors has decided to grant an extension of status:
- Members whose 2019 status was due to lapse on March 31, 2020 – whether Diamond, Gold or Silver – will have that status extended to March 31, 2021
- Also, for the 2020 status, it will be extended until March 31, 2022. This means that the status you have today (Diamond, Gold or Silver) will be valid for the next 24 months.
Useful resources on milesopedia
We have written multiple articles related to COVID-19 that you can find below.
Here are also some useful links to topics covered in the milesopedia community:
- COVID-19: New Requirements for Travellers Entering Canada
- COVID-19 – Hotel quarantine effective February 22, 2021
- Hotel quarantine in Canada: government-authorized hotels and instructions
- COVID-19 Testing for Canadian Travellers
- Update of the Border Reopening Plan for Canada
- Summary of my trip to Europe during COVID-19
- COVID-19: US and EU support reimbursement
- COVID-19: New American Express measures
- End of Mandatory Quarantine for Vaccinated Canadians
- COVID-19 – Reminder of Health Measures Related to Return From International Travel
- COVID-19: Measures taken by the travel industry
- COVID-19: credit card trip cancellation and interruption insurance
- COVID-19: Travellers and Temporary Residents Abroad, Return Home!
- COVID-19: The milesopedia community and Coronavirus
- COVID-19: Ask for a full refund, not a credit!
- COVID-19: Refund, travel credit or refundable credit?
- COVID-19: Air Canada and Aeroplan
- COVID-19: Marriott Bonvoy
- COVID-19: AIR MILES
- The chargeback procedure for credit card transactions
- COVID-19: Canadian Transportation Agency decides on credits