Royal Air Maroc: Status Match
Royal Air Maroc’s Safar Flyer loyalty program is offering a status match opportunity.
Knowing that Royal Air Maroc is a new member of the Oneworld Alliance, this is a way for the airline to attract new customers to its frequent flyer program.
Here are the key details to know about this promotion:
- The cost of the status match is 49 euros (use a credit card without foreign currency conversion fees )
- You can get Safar Flyer Silver (oneworld Ruby) or Safar Flyer Gold (oneworld Sapphire)
- It can take up to 5 days to get the application approved
- This promotion is valid until May 31, 2022 (or until the unannounced quota of applications is reached)
- The Safar Flyer status will be valid until March 31, 2023
I recommend that you do not delay in applying for a status match: this promotion is proving to be very popular!
Here’s how to do it.
Status Match Process
First of all, log in to your Safar Flyer account at this address.
If you don’t have a Safar Flyer account, you will need to create one (but feedback shows that there is a bug at the moment, especially for North American addresses).
Personally, I already had a Safar Flyer account and was able to complete the process. First, you will need to indicate the Elite Status you currently have.
If you have Aeroplan 25K Elite Status, you will get Safar Flyer Silver status (i.e. oneworld Ruby).
If you have Aeroplan 35K, 50K, 75K or Super Elite Status, you will be awarded Safar Flyer Gold status (i.e. oneworld Sapphire).
Next, you will need to show a proof of your status. Either by taking a picture of your membership card or by taking a screenshot of your account. But make sure that your membership number is visible on this screenshot.
Finally, Safar Flyer confirms the level of status equivalency you will be entitled to.
You will then have to indicate your cell phone number and proceed to the payment of 49 euros.
For this, I used my HSBC World Elite® Mastercard® so that I would not pay any foreign currency conversion fees.
If you don’t have this card yet, hurry up: the promotion ends soon.
Finally, you will receive confirmation of your request for status match. You will even be able to track the status of the application by using the application number.
According to Safar Flyer’s promotion FAQ, here are the accepted rewards programs for this status match offer:
- Aegean Airlines – Miles+Bonus
- Air Canada – Aeroplan
- Air Europa – SUMA
- Air France – Flying Blue
- Czech Airlines – OK Plus
- Delta Air Lines – SkyMiles
- Egyptair – Plus
- El Al – Matmid
- Emirates – Skywards
- Ethiopian Airlines – ShebaMiles
- Etihad – Guest
- Gulf Air – Falconflyer
- JetBlue – TrueBlue Rewards
- KLM – Flying Blue
- Kenya Airways – Flying Blue
- LATAM – LATAM Pass
- Lufthansa – Miles & More
- Middle East Airlines -Cedar Miles
- Oman Air – Sinbad
- Saudia – Alfursan
- Scandinavian Airlines – EuroBonus
- South African Airways – SAA Voyager
- TAP Air Portugal – Miles&Go
- Tunisar – Fidelys
- Turkish Airlines – Miles&Smiles
- United Airlines – MileagePlus
- Virgin Atlantic – Flying Club
- WestJet – Westjet Rewards
Benefits of Oneworld status
If you have a status that only allows you to get Safar Flyer Silver status (oneworld Ruby), I would not advise you to do this status match (unless you plan to travel several times with a oneworld airline during the next year).
The real interest is for those who can get the Safar Flyer Gold Elite status (oneworld Sapphire).
With this status, you can:
- access to all Oneworld airport lounges (even for domestic flights in the U.S.) when travelling with a Oneworld airline
- get priority check-in
- benefit from priority boarding
- have a higher checked baggage allowance
Personally, I like status match promotions: it’s a simple way to get an Elite status with an airline I’m not necessarily used to travelling with.
Most importantly, it opens a new avenue for other status matches by other airlines in the future!