New ultra affordable airline
Its flights will begin in early April 2022 and will be gradually deployed across the country. Here are the routes of this new low-cost airline:
- Toronto to Calgary and Vancouver
- Winnipeg to Calgary and Vancouver
- Kelowna to Calgary and Vancouver
- Calgary to Kelowna, Toronto, Vancouver and Winnipeg
- Vancouver to Kelowna, Toronto, Vancouver and Winnipeg
|Line served||Start date||Frequency per week|
|Calgary – Vancouver||April 07, 2022||
14 X (from May 20)
|Calgary – Toronto||April 11, 2022||
7 X (from April 18)
|Calgary – Kelowna||April 15, 2022||2 X|
|Calgary – Winnipeg||April 19, 2022||
4 X (from May 05)
|Vancouver – Kelowna||April 15, 2022||2 X|
|Vancouver – Winnipeg||April 19, 2022||2 X|
|Toronto – Vancouver||April 28, 2022||7 X|
More destinations will be added and more frequencies will be offered as Lynx Air receives more and more Boeing 737 MAX aircraft.
The first three will arrive in the next few weeks and 46 more will be added over the next seven years. Each of these Boeing aircraft can hold 189 seats.
Examples of costs for a ticket
The mission of Lynx Air is :
We’re making flying more affordable, more accessible and more fun, whether it’s at the time of booking, at the time of boarding or on board one of our newest aircraft.
A one-way ticket for the shortest routes costs $39 (Kelowna – Vancouver). From Vancouver to Calgary, the ticket is $49. For the longest route (Vancouver to Toronto), the ticket starts at $79.
For example, a round trip ticket from Toronto to Vancouver for one person is $162.
If you want to bring something bigger, you will have to pay an additional fee. These fees depend on :
- the distance of the flight
- how you check your baggage (online or at the airport)
- whether it is a checked or carry-on baggage
Then there are optional fees for :
- Select seats (this will be free of charge if you are traveling with children under 12)
- or add a priority boarding
If you change or cancel a reservation made more than 24 hours ago, or less than 7 days before your flight, you will be charged a change or cancellation fee.
The cost is $34.50 per person, per trip, if cancelled or changed more than 72 hours prior to departure.
Tip to save on your ticket
For example, charge the expense to one of the credit cards below. Then, you will be able to refund all or part of the cost of your airfare. For example, if your Lynx Air ticket cost $125, you could use :
- 12,500 RBC Rewards points from the RBC Avion Visa Infinite Card (or an Avion credit card)
- 12,500 Scene+ points from the Scotiabank Passport™ Visa Infinite* Card (or other Scene+ credit cards)
- 25,000 points (for a $125 rebate) or your $100 Annual Travel Credit HSBC World Elite® Mastercard®
And if you’re planning to bring luggage with you or choose a seat on board (and possibly reserve parking at the airport), don’t forget that you can use the $250 Annual Travel Credits on your National Bank World Elite Mastercard®.
Please note that Lynx Air does not accept American Express as a form of payment.
Lynx Air is perfect if you travel light!
The Canadian sky is seeing more and more airlines, which is very good for the competition. People in Western Canada are particularly advantaged with this newcomer.
However, for a passenger from the province of Quebec or from the East of the country, it will be necessary to travel to Toronto. We are looking forward to the next few months and to his coming to our part of the country.