HSBC Mortgage: up to 1 million points
HSBC Bank Canada has just launched a unique offer: by getting an HSBC mortgage, you could receive a bonus of up to 1 million HSBC Rewards Points!
To benefit from this promotional offer, you must obtain a mortgage loan from HSBC Bank Canada:
- for a term of 5 years (fixed or variable rate)
- a minimum amount of $200,000
- between February 27 and September 3, 2023
If you meet these requirements, then you will earn a bonus in Reward Points based on the amount of your mortgage:
|Mortgage||Bonus in points|
|$200,000 – $399,999.99||200 000|
|$400,000 – $599,999.99||400 000|
|$600,000 – $799,999.99||600 000|
|$800,000 – $999,999.99||800 000|
|$1,000,000+||1 000 000|
And be aware that if you get a mortgage with an original amount of more than $500,000, you may qualify to become an HSBC Premier customer (currently there is an offer to get up to $500 by opening an HSBC Premier chequing account).
Value of HSBC Rewards points
What is the value of these HSBC Rewards Points?
By using your points for any travel booked with your HSBC World Elite® Mastercard®, 1 million points is a $5,000 value!
You may also be able to convert these points to other rewards programs such as British Airways Executive Club, Asia Miles or Singapore Krisflyer. For example, to travel in Singapore Airlines’ First Class.
If you already have a HSBC World Elite® Mastercard® and you are looking for a mortgage, you can start the process with HSBC Canada now.
If you don’t have this card yet, now is the best time to get it: here is the current welcome offer. You must get and activate it before the mortgage disbursement date.
The HSBC World Elite Mastercard is an excellent no-conversion-fee credit card for foreign currency purchases, especially for your travel purchases.
For a limited time, you can get:
- Up to 110,000 points* (a $550 value in travel rewards) if you live in Quebec and with no minimum purchase!
- Up to 80,000 points* (a $400 value in travel rewards) and first-year annual fee waiver if you live outside Quebec
With the HSBC World Elite® Mastercard®, you can earn:
- 6 points per dollar for travel purchases (flights, hotels, Airbnb, all-inclusive, etc.)
- 4 points per dollar for grocery, gas or drugstore purchases
- 2 points per dollar for all other purchases (including Costco)
This means a 1 to 3% return, depending on your purchases!
You can easily redeem your points on any travel purchase made with the HSBC World Elite Mastercard (flights, hotels, Airbnb, all-inclusive, etc). But you can also transfer your points to three airline loyalty programs: British Airways Executive Club, Asia Miles and Singapore Airlines Krisflyer.
In addition, the HSBC World Elite Mastercard comes with:
- $100 Annual Travel Credit (for airport lounges, for example)
- Access to Boingo WiFi hotspots around the world
- 10% discount for hotel bookings on Expedia or Agoda
- Premium insurance for your travels and purchases
Finally, the HSBC World Elite Mastercard does not charge any conversion fees for foreign exchange transactions: you save 2.5% for each transaction.