Whether you want to explore the state or visit Disneyworld as a family holiday, a major discount or a free flight to Florida should be more than appreciated. Indeed, there is a way to use Travel Rewards to significantly reduce the cost of your airfare or even fly for nothing!
Here’s our detailed strategy to get enough points to travel to Florida for free.
Find the cheapest flight to Florida
As you can see here, there are many affordable tickets to Florida, including to Orlando and Fort Lauderdale, for this summer.
Use Travel Rewards to get free flight to Florida
Then you’ll need Travel Rewards for a bargain or a free flight to Florida. We recommend signing up for the Scotiabank Passport Visa Infinite* Card:
Indeed, the Scotiabank Passport Visa Infinite* Card comes with a first-year free and enough points to earn a $250-350 rebate on your next flight quickly; if the cost of the said ticket is less than that, you will get an entirely free flight to Florida or a major discount if the price is higher. After you meet the following requirements, the points will be posted and available for use on the statement date:
- Up to 25,000 bonus Scene+ points after spending $1,000 in the first three months ($250 value)
- And each year, if you make at least $40,000 in Card purchases, you’ll earn 10,000 additional points ($100 value).
As previously stated, 25,000 Scene+ points are worth $250. If you find it difficult to spend more than $1,000 quickly, think about buying gift cards that meet your specific requirements. Purchase grocery, gas, or Costco gift cards to cover your expenses in the coming months to quickly unlock the points.
Once you’ve earned 25,000-35,000 Scene+ Points, simply book your flight to Florida and redeem the points. Because the card offers an annual fee rebate for the first year, your net discount on your plane ticket will be $250 to $350.
In addition, the Scotiabank Passport Visa Infinite* Card is a great card for any traveller as you save on the 2.5 % foreign exchange fee. For a snowbird spending a lot of time in Florida or for a family that will have a lot of expenses during a once-in-a-lifetime trip to Disneyworld, the savings can be significant.
Note that you will obtain a little more than 25,000 Scene+ Points for your cheap or free flight to Florida; in addition to the welcome bonus, you will also earn points on transactions made with the card to unlock it. You can earn rewards in the following manner:
- Earn 3X Scene+ points on every $1 you spend at Sobeys, IGA, Safeway, Foodland, FreshCo, Voilà by Sobeys, Voilà by IGA, Voilà by Safeway, Chalo! FreshCo, Thrifty Foods, IGA West, Les Marchés Tradition, Rachelle Béry and Co-Op. FreshCo, Thrifty Foods, IGA West, Les Marchés Tradition, Rachelle Béry and Co-Op.
- Earn 2 Scene+ points on every $1 you spend on eligible grocery stores, dining, entertainment purchases, and daily transit purchases (including buses, subways, taxis and more)
- Earn 1 Scene+ point on every $1 you spend on all other eligible purchases.
Because it does not charge a fee for foreign currency purchases, the Scotiabank Passport Visa Infinite* Card is already an excellent credit card for travellers. Considering the generous welcome bonus, it’s more than enough to cover, partially or entirely, flights to Florida, typically costing $300 to $500.
We’re all aware that a trip to Disneyworld can be prohibitively expensive, and the many flights we may take in retirement can quickly add up. While a discounted or free flight to Florida is always appreciated, two is even better. Your travelling companion should also sign up for the same card to benefit from additional family savings!