Navigating the complexities of business registration and incorporation can be a daunting task for entrepreneurs. Ownr, a dynamic online tool, emerges as a solution designed to simplify this process across Canada.
As a division of RBC Ventures, Ownr benefits from its connection to the esteemed Royal Bank of Canada (RBC), offering a platform that demystifies legal procedures and paves the way to establishing a business entity. In addition, this will facilitate business credit card subscriptions with various banks such as American Express, BMO, RBC, etc.
What is Ownr?
Ownr established in 2017, is a digital platform that provides an accessible solution for individuals and small business owners looking to register and incorporate their enterprises.
Part of RBC Ventures, Ownr marries innovation with the credibility of RBC, bridging the digital realm with the financial sector.
Ownr aims to empower entrepreneurs by simplifying the process of starting or incorporating a business.
Ownr’s Main Advantages and Features
Ownr - The Pros
- Simplified Registration: Ownr’s intuitive interface guides users seamlessly through the business registration or incorporation process, making it accessible even for those without legal expertise.
- Cost Savings: Utilizing Ownr’s services can result in significant cost savings compared to engaging legal professionals, making it an attractive option for budget-conscious entrepreneurs.
- Strategic Partnerships: Collaborations with prominent entities such as RBC, Google, and Etsy provide users with exclusive discounts, offers, and services spanning branding, marketing, finances, and logistics.
- Cashback Incentives: Opening an RBC business banking account within 60 days of registering with Ownr can yield cashback rewards of up to $300, easing the initial financial burden.
- Educational Resources: Ownr equips users with comprehensive guides and resources, ensuring they comprehend the intricacies of the incorporation process and effective business management.
- Security Assurance: Ownr places paramount importance on data security, employing robust encryption methods to safeguard personal and corporate information.
Ownr - The Cons
- Lack of Customization: While Ownr simplifies the process, deeper personalization and tailored legal advice may necessitate additional professional consultation.
- Evolving Landscape: As business regulations evolve, staying updated on the latest legal requirements remains crucial.
- Limited Provincial Coverage: While Ownr currently serves four provinces—British Columbia, Alberta, Ontario, and Quebec—this limitation is noteworthy for potential users in other provinces.
Ownr's Cost Breakdown
Here’s a breakdown of potential costs associated with different registration options:
|Business Structure||Registration Method||Basic Registration Fee||Additional Fees||Potential Refund|
|Sole Proprietorship||Ownr||$49 (including gov’t filing fees)||–||$100 (if opening an RBC business bank account within 60 days)|
|Federal Incorporation||Ownr||Starts at $200 + $35 (NUANS name search fee)||–||–|
|Provincial Incorporation||Ownr||Starts at $699||–||Up to $300 (if opening an RBC business bank account within 60 days)|
|Sole Proprietorship||Self-Registration||$38||Additional legal fees for filings||–|
|Federal Incorporation||Self-Registration||Starts at $200 + $35 (NUANS name search fee)||Additional legal fees for filings||–|
|Provincial Incorporation||Self-Registration||$367||Additional legal fees for filings||–|
Ownr's Security and Safety
Ownr takes serious measures to protect your information. They use cutting-edge security techniques, such as encrypting your data using a secret code that is nearly impossible to decipher, both when it is being transferred and when it is being stored.
They also often scan their system for potential vulnerabilities and ensure that only authorized users can access sensitive tools. By requesting two different forms of authentication, they ensure that only authorized individuals can use crucial technologies, adding an additional degree of security. Additionally, they train their workers on how to maintain security.
Despite the fact that they are excellent practices, it’s a good idea to review their policies and procedures before using their services to ensure that you feel comfortable with their safety precautions.
Ownr's Perks and discounts
Ownr‘s strategic alliances offer numerous benefits:
- RBC Bank Cashback: Up to $300 cashback for opening an RBC business banking account after Ownr registration.
- Xero Discount: Enjoy a 50% discount on the first 3 months of Xero’s accounting platform for streamlined financial management.
- Moneris Payment Processing: Secure payment processing solutions with 24/7 support for smooth transactions.
- Tailor Brands Discount: A 50% discount on branding, logo design, and website creation services.
- And more: Explore benefits from eBay, Etsy, ShipStation, Jobber, Spocket, Telus, Staples, and Geek Squad.
How to Register a Business with Ownr
- Visit the Ownr Website: Access Ownr‘s website to begin the registration process.
- Choose Business Structure: Opt for a sole proprietorship or corporation based on your business goals.
- Select Quebec Province: Choose Quebec as your province, or your given business location.
- Enter Business Details: Input essential business information, contact details, and type.
- Choose Business Name: Select a unique and compliant business name as per regulations.
- Complete Registration: Follow Ownr‘s intuitive steps, including owner and shareholder information.
- Pay Registration Fees: Pay the specified fees during the process.
- Review and submit: Thoroughly review details before submission.
- Receive NEQ Number: After submission, obtain a Quebec Enterprise Number (NEQ) for business identification.
- Additional Steps: Depending on your business, obtain licenses and permits as required.
In summary, Ownr stands as a practical solution for simplifying business registration and incorporation in Quebec (and other Canadian Provinces). With an emphasis on user-friendliness, cost-effectiveness, and potential collaborations, Ownr empowers aspiring entrepreneurs to navigate the startup journey efficiently.
While personalized legal advice might require further consultation, Ownr‘s flexibility and ongoing support remain impressive. As business landscapes evolve, Ownr‘s adaptable services offer a promising avenue for those embarking on business ventures in Quebec.
By registering with Ownr, you may more easily apply for business credit cards and start earning rewards from your business. Indeed, American Express, BMO and RBC have great products for business owners.