Uber and Marriott Bonvoy are teaming up to let you earn points on your rides and food orders in the U.S.! By simply linking your Uber and Marriott Bonvoy accounts, you can earn up to 6 points per dollar spent on Uber Eats.
Let’s take a closer look at how you can start earning Marriott Bonvoy points today.
Marriott Bonvoy and Uber - The partnership
With Uber Eats in the United States, you can get :
- 6 points per dollar spent on eligible restaurant or grocery orders over $40 delivered to hotels in the Marriott Bonvoy collection;
- 2 points per dollar spent on eligible restaurant or grocery orders over $40.
For Uber races, the accumulation is :
- 3 points per dollar spent on Uber luxury rides (UberXL, Uber Comfort and Uber Black).
Marriott Bonvoy and Uber - How to link accounts
Details and instructions for linking your Uber and Marriott Bonvoy accounts together can be found on this page.
You must have a Marriott Bonvoy account.
If you already have the Uber mobile app installed on your phone, the process will be easy and much faster! Simply scan a QR code and follow the instructions.
Otherwise, you must :
- Open the Uber mobile application. Make sure you have the most up-to-date version.
- In the bottom right-hand corner, tap on the Account icon, then on Settings.
- Scroll to the bottom of the Settings menu. Tap on Marriott Bonvoy, then on Associate account on the next screen.
- A window will open to connect to your Marriott Bonvoy account.
That’s all there is to it! Once accounts are linked, you will start earning points on qualifying Uber Eats orders and qualifying rides.
Marriott Bonvoy and Uber - How to earn even more points
This new partnership is a great way to earn even more Marriott Bonvoy points. Why not take advantage of the opportunity to double dip with a few small strategies?
By linking your Aeroplan account, you can earn Aeroplan points on your rides and deliveries, in addition to Marriott Bonvoy points. Transactions eligible to earn Aeroplan Points are :
- Uber rides in the U.S. and Canada until November 27, 2023 following the announcement of these changes. Then it will be Canada only.
- Uber Eats deliveries in Canada only.
When you use the American Express CobaltMD Card, you’ll earn 5 American Express Membership Rewards points for every Canadian dollar spent on food delivery. Since Membership Rewards points can be converted at a rate of 1 Membership Rewards point for 1.2 Marriott Bonvoy points, you can earn up to 12 Marriott Bonvoy points per Canadian dollar spent on Uber Eatsin the U.S.!
For Uber rides, the American Express CobaltMD Card earns 2 points per Canadian dollar.
Don’t wait and link your Uber and Marriott Bonvoy accounts now to earn up to 6 points per dollar spent on your Uber Eats deliveries and 3 points per dollar on luxury rides when traveling to the U.S.
Do I need to link my Uber and Marriott Bonvoy accounts?
No, you don’t need to link your accounts on both platforms. Simply use the Uber app and link your Marriott Bonvoy account to it.
What can I do with Marriott Bonvoy points?
Marriott Bonvoy points give you free nights at over 7,600 hotels in 30 brands worldwide. What’s more, you can use them to access over 20,000 luxury vacation rentals and entire homes with Homes & Villas. Take a look at our ultimate guide to the Marriott Bonvoy program here.