Offer for American Express cardholders
If you are an American Express cardholder, you may be able to earn National Car Executive Elite status by signing up as a new member through this link by February 29, 2020.
Given the massive diffusion of this offer on various North American sites, I advise you not to wait until the last moment to register!
This status should last until February 2021. However, I signed up for it, and it is valid until February 2022!
Plus, if you’re already a National Car member, all you have to do is log in to get the upgrade (when this promotion is supposed to be for new members only)! 😉
Finally, if you pay for your first rental with an American Express card, you will get 5 credits, enough to have a free day of rental!
What does National Car Executive Elite status allow?
National Car is a car rental company that I use a lot when I rent in the United States. Something I particularly appreciate is being able to choose the car that suits me directly in the parking lot.
Emerald Club Executive Elite
is the highest status you can have at National Car which is normally earned with 25 paid rentals or 85 paid rental days during the calendar year!
It allows in particular:
- Access to the Executive Section – Choose any car (full size or larger) in the Executive Section and pay only the mid-price (in the U.S. and Canada).
- Guaranteed Upgrades – You are always guaranteed a complimentary upgrade when you book at the mid-range rate (in the U.S. and Canada).
- No second driver fee – Never pay extra when a family member or co-worker takes over.
- Get free rental days faster – You’ll earn a rental credit for each qualifying car rental. One day of free rental = 5 credits
Equivalent status with Hertz
As is the case with hotel or airline statutes, it is possible to ask for the equivalence of status to a competing renter.
Hertz is known for offering President Circle status in its Hertz Gold Plus Rewards program to Emerald Club Executive Elite!
offers in particular:
- Free additional driver for anyone traveling with the President’s Circle member at participating agencies
- Guaranteed availability of a vehicle
- Upgrade one category with each rental
- 50% bonus points on all Hertz rentals
- Priority counters
Being a Carte de PlatineMD holder from American Express, Hertz is also a car rental agency that I use regularly, especially internationally.
For American Express Carte de PlatineMD holders, a 4-hour grace period to return a vehicle is available (instead of 30 minutes). Thus, you can rent a car for 28 hours for the price of 24 (one day).
We used this in New Orleans for example (also getting the best possible rate from all the rental companies)!