Air France: Quebec City - Paris
The COVID-19 pandemic does not stop Air France’s ambitions in Canada! Indeed, the French airline has just announced a new flight between Quebec City (YQB) and Paris Charles de Gaulle (CDG) for the 2022 summer season.
This route will be operated from May 17, 2022 up to 3 flights per week.
|AF352||Paris (CDG)||13:10||14:40||Quebec (YQB)||Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday|
|AF353||Quebec (YQB)||17:00||05:45 (+1)||Paris (CDG)||Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday|
This flight will be operated by Airbus A330-200 which have had their cabins completely refurbished (including the new Business class):
- Business cabin: a seat that converts into a fully flat 2-metre long bed.
- Premium Economy cabin: a fixed-shell seat that reclines to 130° and offers one of the widest seats on the market, as well as lumbar support.
- Economy: a 118° reclining seat with ergonomic seat foam.
All seats are equipped with Air France’s latest-generation entertainment system, offering over 1,000 hours of films, TV series and other programmes on large HD touch screens. Individual USB sockets are also available to allow everyone to recharge their electronic devices.Air France Canada
This is good news for residents of the Quebec City area who, until now, had to use a shuttle bus service between Quebec City and Montreal to travel on Air France.
It will be interesting to see if this new route will be included in the Flying Blue monthly Promo Rewards (25-50% discount on reward flights). In any case, you can of course use your Flying Blue Miles to book this new flight.
Earn Flying Blue Miles in Canada
Transfer your Membership Rewards Points to Flying Blue Miles
The primary method of earning Flying Blue miles in Canada is through American Express Membership Rewards Cards. You can transfer your Membership Rewards into Flying Blue Miles at a ratio of 1,000 Membership Rewards points = 750 Flying Blue Miles.
Here are the American Express Membership Rewards Cards available in Canada:
The best Membership Rewards Card in Canada for earning Flying Blue Miles is the American Express Cobalt® Card, as it offers :
- 5 points per dollar for grocery, restaurant, bar, food delivery or convenience store purchases
- 3 points per dollar for streaming services
- 2 points per dollar for travel, local transportation and gas stations
- 1 point per dollar on everything else
If we translate this into Flying Blue Miles, we get:
- 3.75 Flying Blue Miles per dollar for grocery, restaurant, bar, food delivery or convenience store purchases
- 2.25 Flying Blue Miles per dollar for streaming services
- 1.5 Flying Blue Miles per dollar for travel, local transportation and gas stations
- 0.75 Flying Blue Miles per dollar for other purchases
Transfer your Marriott Bonvoy points to Flying Blue Miles
The second method of earning Flying Blue miles in Canada is through the American Express Marriott Bonvoy Credit Cards. You can transfer your Marriott Bonvoy points into airline miles including Flying Blue at the ratio of 3 Marriott Bonvoy points = 1 mile.
And if you transfer 60,000 Marriott Bonvoy points, you’ll earn 5,000 bonus miles. Thus, 60,000 Marriott Bonvoy points = 25,000 Flying Blue Miles.
The two Marriott Bonvoy Credit Cards available in Canada are:
Air France continues its expansion in Canada: after Montreal, Toronto and Vancouver, Quebec City joins the list of cities served from Paris.
And with the addition of Flying Blue as a transfer partner for the American Express Membership Rewards program, the competition with Air Canada will begin to be intense. Which is good news for consumers!