Find out how to request a Desjardins void cheque online on the Desjardins AccesD portal.
Here is the information you need to get a void cheque from the Desjardins AccèsD portal.
A Desjardins void cheque is used mainly when signing up for a direct deposit and/or withdrawal service. It’s a way to share our banking information with a third party and authorize them to deposit or withdraw agreed-upon amounts into or from our bank account.
Our employer, the institution that finances our car, and our insurers are among those with whom we usually share a void cheque.
- Once logged into your accoutn, on the right side of your computer or at the bottom of your cell phone, click on “More Options”.
- A window will open and the first item in PDF format at the top of the list will be: “Void Cheque”.
You can then send it directly by email or direct message to the applicant or download it. No more need for a paper copy.
Easy as pie, isn’t it?
The information contained on a cheque
In addition to your address and the address of the Desjardins branch with which you do business, your cheque contains a series of numbers. This is the sensitive information you share with the third party.
- The first 5 form the transit number that identifies your branch .
- The next three are the same on all Desjardins members’ cheques. It’s like the digital signature. It is 815.
- The last seven digits are the ones that identify your account.