Buy Avios miles with a bonus
So, if you buy 200,000 Avios miles, you get a total of 300,000 Avios miles. It will cost you $5,523 USD or 1.84 US cents per mile (or 2.3 Canadian cents per mile). Considering that we value this currency at 1.7 Canadian cents per mile, this is not a great deal.
However, if your British Airways Executive Club account is registered in the European Union, this purchase will only cost you 3,601 Euros or approximately CA$4,696 (or 1.56 Canadian cents per Avios Mile).
Anyway: buying Avios miles could help you in case you run out of Avios miles to book a flight reward (and you’ve exhausted all other options to earn Avios miles via credit cards).
A credit card with no-FX fee
Other ways to earn Avios miles
Before buying Avios miles, you should look at other options available to you in Canada:
Here are the best credit card offers from these different programs:
Is it worth buying Avios miles? As with any miles & points purchase, this will depend on the circumstances. You’ll need to decide based on the reward flights you plan to book soon.
- With American Airlines in North America
- With Aer Lingus between North America and Dublin
- With Cathay Pacific from Hong Kong
- With Japan Airlines to travel in Japan
- With Qantas in Australia or New Zealand
- With Qatar Airways recently switched to Avios – read our ultimate guide to Qatar Airways Privilege Club