Here are the best credit card offers in Canada and Quebec for your future travels that you should not miss right now!
Travel points : the best credit card offers
HSBC World Elite® Mastercard®
The HSBC World Elite® Mastercard® is a great credit card with no foreign transaction fees, especially for travel purchases. For a limited time, you can get:
- Up to 130,000 points (a $650 value in travel rewards) if you live in Quebec and with no minimum purchase!
- Up to 100,000 points (a $500 value in travel rewards) and a first-year annual fee waiver if you live outside Quebec
With the HSBC World Elite® Mastercard®, you can earn:
- 6 points per dollar for travel purchases (flights, hotels, Airbnb, all-inclusive, etc.)
- 3 points per dollar for all other purchases including Costco
This means a return of 1.5% to 3% depending on your purchases! You can apply your points on any travel purchase charged to your HSBC World Elite® Mastercard® (flights, hotels, Airbnb, all-inclusive, etc.). But you can also transfer your points to three airline loyalty programs: British Airways Executive Club, Asia Miles and Singapore Airlines Krisflyer. Finally, with the HSBC World Elite® Mastercard® you get:
- $100 annual travel credit (for airport lounges, for example)
- Unlimited access to Boingo WiFi hotspots around the world
- 10% discount for hotel bookings on Expedia or Agoda
- Premium insurance for your travels and purchases
Finally, the HSBC World Elite® Mastercard® does not charge any conversion fees for foreign exchange transactions: you save 2.5% for each transaction. And it’s one of the best credit cards for Costco, where you earn 3 points per dollar.
TD First Class Travel® Visa Infinite* Card
With the TD First Class Travel® Visa Infinite* Card, you earn 3 TD points for every $1 you spend. Plus, you can earn 9 TD points per dollar when you book travel online through Expedia for TD.
With the TD First Class Travel® Visa Infinite* Card, you can get:
- Welcome Bonus of 20,000 TD Points when you make your first Purchase with your Card†
- 60,000 additional TD Points (different rules depending on your province of residence)†
- 0% promotional interest rate on Travel Purchases for first 6 months†
In addition, you won’t pay an annual fee in the first year† for the primary card or additional card.
For Quebec residents only: To receive the additional 60,000 TD Points, you must keep your account open, active and in good standing for 90 days after opening. Information and application here.
For residents outside Quebec: To receive the additional 60,000 TD Points, you must make $1,000 in purchases, including your first purchase, within 90 days of opening your account. Information and application here.
American Express Cobalt® Card
The American Express Cobalt™ Card is the best credit card from American Express, whether you want points for travel or cashback.
The welcome bonus is distributed monthly for the first 12 months. You earn 2,500 Membership Rewards points for every $500 in purchases charged to your card during the month (whether in the 1X, 2X, 3X or 5X category). That’s up to 30,000 Membership Rewards points.
Plus, you can earn a Welcome Bonus of 20,000 Membership Rewards points when you spend a total of $3,000 in purchases on your Card in your first 3 months of Cardmembership. That’s up to 50,000 Membership Rewards points as a welcome bonus!
You can easily use these points as statement credits for everyday or travel purchases. The value is the same for both: 1,000 points = $10.
Or, you can transfer your points to Aeroplan, Marriott Bonvoy, or Hilton Honors. With the American Express Cobalt™ Card, you can earn between 1 and 5 points per dollar:
|Category||Points per dollar|
|Restaurants and bars||5|
|Gas & Transit||2|
This is a 1 to 5% return on all these purchases.
In addition, this card provides excellent insurance coverage: rental car theft and damage, baggage delay, lost or stolen baggage, flight delay, $250,000 travel accident, hotel or motel burglary, Mobile Device Insurance, Purchase Security, Purchase Protection Insurance.
Find out in this article how to optimize the welcome bonus to get 87,500 points with your current spending.
RBC Avion Visa Infinite Card
With the RBC Avion Visa Infinite, you can earn 35,000 RBC Rewards points upon approval with no minimum spend required. This is a value of up to $750.
You can use your RBC Rewards points for travel or redeem them with other loyalty programs such as American Airlines AAdvantage, British Airways Executive Club, Cathay Pacific Asia Miles or WestJet Rewards. For example, with the current welcome offer, you can earn the equivalent of 35,000 British Airways Avios Miles or 350 WestJet Dollars.
With the RBC Avion Visa Infinite Card, you earn 1 point per dollar and 1.25 points on travel purchases.
And you’ll benefit from a wide range of insurance coverage: Trip Cancellation and Interruption Insurance, Out-of-Province/Country Emergency Medical Insurance, Rental Vehicle Collision/Loss Damage Insurance, Mobile Device Insurance.
BMO eclipse Visa Infinite* Card
When you sign up for our exclusive offer for the BMO eclipse Visa Infinite* card, you can earn up to 70,000 BMO Rewards points and have the$120 annual fee waived for the first year:
- 40,000 points when you spend $3,000 in the first 3 months
- 30,000 points twelve months after the Credit Card account open date after you spend a minimum of $25,000 within the first twelve months
Plus, you’ll get a $50 annual lifestyle credit – per calendar year – to spend however you want.
With the BMO eclipse Visa Infinite* Card, you can earn 5 BMO Rewards points per dollar spent on:
- Food delivery
And 1 BMO Rewards point for every $1 spent on everything else. Plus, if you add an authorized user to your account, you’ll earn 10% more points.
American Express® Gold Rewards Card
With this welcome offer for the American Express® Gold Rewards Card, you could earn up to 60,000 Membership Rewards points. Here’s how:
- 50,000 Membership Rewards points after $3,000 in Card purchases within the first 3 months
- An additional 10,000 points when you make a purchase between 14 and 17 months of Cardmembership
With this Card, you get many benefits like:
- $100 annual travel credit
- Priority Pass membership and 4 complimentary Plaza Premium visits per year
- $50 NEXUS credit
You earn 2 points per dollar for travel purchases, and at:
- gas stations
- grocery stores
And 1 point per dollar everywhere else.
CIBC Aventura® Visa Infinite* Card
The CIBC Aventura® Visa Infinite* Card is one of the best Visa credit cards with travel rewards and benefits in Canada. The minimum annual income required for this card is $60,000 (personal) or $100,000 (household).
You can earn up to 40,000 points :
- 20,000 Aventura Points when you make your first purchase†
- 15,000 Aventura Points when you spend $1,000 monthly or more during the first year.†
- 5,000 Aventura Points as an additional anniversary bonus.†
Plus, you can get a first-year annual fee rebate (a $139 value). With this Card, you earn:
- 2 points for every $1 spent on travel purchased through the CIBC Rewards Centre†
- 1.5 points for every $1 spent at eligible gas stations, grocery stores and drug stores†
- 1 point for every $1 spent on all other purchases†
The CIBC Aventura® Visa Infinite* Card also offers:
- Airport lounges access: A Priority Pass membership and 4 complimentary visits per year
- A NEXUS application fee rebate (a $50 value)
Scotiabank Passport™ Visa Infinite* Card
With the Scotiabank Passport™ Visa Infinite* Card, you get 20,000 points after only $1,000 in card purchases ($200 value). And every year, if you charge at least $40,000 in purchases to your card, you’ll get a 10,000 annual bonus ($100 value). Besides, the first year is free for the primary and additional cardholders.
With the Scotiabank Passport™ Visa Infinite* Card, you get 2 points per dollar you spend on:
- grocery stores
You can redeem your points for any travel purchases (flights, hotels, all-inclusive and even Airbnb). The Scotiabank Passport™ Visa Infinite* Card also offers:
- no foreign transaction fee
- 6 complimentary passes to airport VIP lounges
- Premium insurance for your travels or purchases
- Concierge services
Aeroplan: the best credit card offers
American Express® Aeroplan®* Card
- 10,000 Aeroplan points and a bonus Buddy Pass after $1,500 in Card purchases within the first 3 months
- 2,500 Aeroplan Points per month, after $500 in Card purchases per month for the first 12 months or 30,000 Aeroplan Points
With this Card, you earn 2X the points on purchases made directly with Air Canada and Air Canada Vacations.
And 1.5x the points on Dining and Food Delivery purchases in Canada. Anywhere else, you will earn 1X the points.
Enjoy your first checked bag free (up to 23kg/50lb) for up to 9 people travelling on the same reservation on Air Canada®* flights.
TD® Aeroplan® Visa Infinite* Card
With the TD® Aeroplan® Visa Infinite* Card, you earn 1.5 points for every $1 spent on eligible:
- Grocery stores
- Gas stations
- Air Canada purchases, including Air Canada Vacations
With the TD® Aeroplan® Visa Infinite* Card, you can get:
- A welcome bonus of 10,000 Aeroplan points when you make your first purchase with your new card†
- 15,000 additional Aeroplan points and a bonus Buddy Pass (different rules depending on your province of residence)†
- An annual fee rebate for the primary cardholder (instead of $139)†
- Annual fee rebate for the first year for up to 3 additional cardholders (instead of $75 per additional card )
- $100 NEXUS fee rebate
- Up to eight passengers travelling on the same reservation will all enjoy their first checked bag free (up to 23kg/50lb) when your travel originates on an Air Canada flight.
For Quebec Residents only: To receive the additional bonus of 15,000 Aeroplan points and the bonus Buddy Pass, you must keep your Account open, active and in good standing for 90 days after Account opening. More Info here.
For Residents outside of Quebec: To receive the additional bonus of 15,000 Aeroplan points and the bonus Buddy Pass, you must make $1,000 in net Purchases (less any returns and credits) on your Account, including your first Purchase, within 90 days of Account opening. More Info here.
Hotels: the best credit card offer
Marriott Bonvoy™ American Express® Card
The Marriott Bonvoy® American Express®* Card is the best credit card for free hotel nights. With this welcome offer, you can earn 50,000 Marriott Bonvoy points after $1,500 in Card purchases within the first 3 months.
With this Card, you earn 5 points per dollar on all purchases at Marriott Bonvoy properties and 2 points per dollar on all other purchases.
Finally, this Card comes with comprehensive insurance: baggage delay, lost or stolen baggage, $500,000 travel accident, flight delay, hotel or motel burglary, rental car theft and damage, Purchase Security, Purchase Protection.
AIR MILES: the best credit card offer
BMO® AIR MILES® World Elite®* Mastercard®*
With this exclusive offer for the BMO® AIR MILES® World Elite®* Mastercard®*, you can earn 3,000 AIR MILES Bonus Miles after $3,000 in Card purchases, representing a $310 cash value. Besides, the $149 annual fee is waived in the first year!
With this card, you earn 3 miles for every $12 spent at participating AIR MILES Partners. Everywhere else, you’ll earn 1 Mile for every $12 spent, including at Costco and Walmart. And it’s the only AIR MILES credit card in Canada to offer a 15% discount on AIR MILES flights within North America with no blackout periods.
The BMO® AIR MILES® World Elite®* Mastercard®* card also offers:
- Premium insurance for your travels or purchases
- Double the miles for car rentals with National or Alamo
- Concierge services
Insurance: the best credit card offer
National Bank's World Elite Mastercard®
You can earn up to 2 points per dollar in card purchases, including at Costco. Besides, you get up to $250 in travel credits per calendar year:
- Airport parking: $100
- Baggage fees: $100
- Seat selection: $50
Besides, you can enjoy access to the LoungeKey airport lounges as well as free Wi-Fi with Boingo. The National Bank’s World Elite Mastercard® is a credit card to keep, year after year, for several reasons:
- it has one of the best travel and purchases credit card insurance on the market
- up to $250 travel credit per year
- Unlimited access to the National Bank Lounge at Montreal-Trudeau airport