The Best HSBC Credit Card with travel points
HSBC World Elite® Mastercard®
The HSBC World Elite® Mastercard® is a great credit card with no foreign transaction fees, especially for travel purchases.
With the HSBC World Elite® Mastercard®,you earn:
- 6 points per dollar for travel purchases (flights, hotels, Airbnb, all-inclusive, etc.)
- 3 points per dollar for all other purchases
It’s a 1% to 3% value depending on your purchases!
You can apply your points on any travel purchase charged to your HSBC World Elite® Mastercard® (flights, hotels, Airbnb, all-inclusive, etc.). But you can also transfer your points to three airline loyalty programs: British Airways Executive Club, Asia Miles and Singapore Airlines Krisflyer.
Finally, with the HSBC World Elite® Mastercard® you get:
- $100 annual travel credit (for airport lounges, for example)
- Unlimited access to Boingo WiFi hotspots around the world
- 10% discount for hotel bookings on Expedia or Agoda
- Premium insurance for your travels and purchases
Finally, the HSBC World Elite® Mastercard® does not charge any conversion fees for foreign exchange transactions: you save 2.5% for each transaction.
And it’s one of the best credit cards for Costco, where you earn 3 points per dollar.
The Best Low-Interest HSBC Credit card
HSBC +Rewards™ Mastercard®
The HSBC +Rewards™ Mastercard® is a Rewards credit card with a low-interest rate (11.9%).
With the HSBC MastercardMD + Rewards Card, you can earn :
- 2 points per dollar on eligible dining or entertainment purchases
- 1 point per dollar for all other purchases
This credit card is one of the only ones in Canada to offer a Price Protection Service: find a lower price within 60 days of your purchase, the difference will be refunded, up to $500 per eligible item!
Frequent Asked Questions about credit cards
Here are frequently asked questions in the milesopedia community about credit cards in Canada.