What to do with RBC Avion Rewards points
RBC Avion Rewards points can be used in a variety of ways:
- Redeeming points for airline tickets
- To obtain a credit on a travel expense
- Purchase of gift cards
- And for transfer to other airlines programs
The Avion points transfer is very advantageous for people who want to get even more flexibility. This further expands the horizons to other trading opportunities for some airlines.
Avion Rewards points can be transferred to a few airline loyalty programs:
|British Airways Executive Club (Avios points)||1 Avion point = 1 Avios|
|AAdvantage American Airlines (AAdvantage miles)||1 Avion point = 0.7 mile|
|Cathay Pacific Asia Miles||1 Avion point = 1 mile|
|Westjet Rewards, for WestJet dollars||100 Avion points = 1 WestJet dollar|
There are several RBC Avion credit cards linked to the Avion Rewards program.
Other cards that can be used to earn Avion points are:
- RBC Avion Visa Infinite Card
- RBC ION+ Visa card (transfers only for the WestJet program)
- RBC ION Visa card (transfers only for WestJet program)
- RBC® Avion® Visa Infinite Privilege* Card
- RBC Avion Visa Platinum
- RBC Avion Visa Infinite Business Card
- RBC Avion Visa Business Card
One of the best is the RBC Avion Visa Infinite Card. It has a reasonable annual fee, and its welcome offer is simple to get.
RBC Avion Visa Infinite Card
With this offer for the RBC Avion Visa Infinite Card, you can earn up to 35,000 Avion Rewards points upon approval. So there’s no minimum spend.
You can use your Avion Rewards points for travel or redeem them with other loyalty programs such as :
- American Airlines AAdvantage
- British Airways Executive Club (and Qatar Airways Privilege Club)
- Cathay Pacific Asia Miles
- WestJet Rewards
For example, with the current welcome offer, you can get the equivalent of 35,000 British Airways Avios Points or 350 WestJet Dollars.
With the RBC Avion Visa Infinite Card, you earn 1 point per dollar and 1.25 points for travel purchases.
And you’ll benefit from a wide range of insurance coverage: Trip Cancellation and Interruption Insurance, Out-of-Province/Country Emergency Medical Insurance, Rental Vehicle Collision/Loss Damage Insurance, Mobile Device Insurance.
How to transfer RBC Avion points to other airlines
First, you need to access your RBC Online Banking profile.
At the top of the page, click on Transfer.
You will be able to see the four transfer airlines partners. Click on Transfert Now.
Then, on the next page, choose the desired airline.
If there is a technical problem with the transfer, call 1-800-769-2512 or 1-888-769-2534 (for business cards).
Allow up to four weeks for RBC Avion points to be transferred to other airline program accounts.
British Airways Executive Club
One of the most popular partners is British Airways.
- If you haven’t already done so, join the British Airways Executive Club
- Convert a minimum of 10,000 Avion points into Avios, directly on this RBC page.
Then click on Calculate and confirm the information to complete the transaction.
10,000 Avion points = 10,000 Avios points.
Several ideas for cheap flights or sweetspots to discover in this post on Avios.
Once or twice a year, there are transfer bonuses when converting RBC Avion points to British Airways Avios points. The minimum bonus is 30% and it is worth waiting for, if you can. You can find the dates of the last promotion here :
AAdvantage American Airlines
- If you haven’t already done so, join the American Airlines AAdvantage program
- Convert a minimum of 5,000 Avion points to Aadvantage miles
10,000 Avion points = 7,000 AAdvantage points.
Cathay Pacific Asia Miles
- If you haven’t already done so, join the Cathay Pacific program
- Convert a minimum of 10,000 Avion points to Asia Miles.
10,000 Avion points = 10,000 Asia miles.
- If you haven’t already done so, join the WestJet Rewards program
- Convert a minimum of 1,000 Avion points to WestJet dollars
10,000 Avion points = $100 WestJet dollars.
Another way to earn WestJet dollars is with the WestJet RBC World Elite Mastercard.
RBC Avion Rewards points are versatile and can go a long way!
Now all you have to do is wait for the newly transferred points to the new program. You will then have to make your airline ticket reservations on the airline’s website.
If none of these transfer options appeal to you, you can simply use your Avion points within the rewards program and redeem them for travel rewards. Read our complete guide on the subject:
How do I know my RBC Avion Rewards points balance?
Go to your RBC Online Banking profile.
Under the Account Summary tab, click on the RBC Avion credit card account. The points balance can be easily found under RBC Rewards at the top right of the page.
When will I receive my Avion points in my account?
After the monthly statement is issued.