With this offer for the RBC Avion Visa Infinite Card, you can earn 35,000 Avion Points on approval . So there’s no minimum spend required to earn the welcome bonus!
You can use your Avion Rewards points for travel or redeem them with other loyalty programs such as :
- American Airlines AAdvantage
- British Airways Executive Club (and Qatar Airways Privilege Club)
- Cathay Pacific Asia Miles
- WestJet Rewards
For example, with the current welcome offer, you can get the equivalent of 35,000 British Airways Avios Points or 350 WestJet Dollars.
With the RBC Avion Visa Infinite Card, you earn 1 point per dollar and 1.25 points for travel purchases.
And you’ll benefit from a wide range of insurance coverage: Trip Cancellation and Interruption Insurance, Out-of-Province/Country Emergency Medical Insurance, Rental Vehicle Collision/Loss Damage Insurance, Mobile Device Insurance.
Use of RBC Avion points
With this RBC Avion credit card, you can:
- transfer points to British Airways Executive Club, Asia Miles, American AAdvantage, WestJet Rewards or Hudson’s Bay Rewards (between 0.5 and 3 cents per point)
- use points for flights with RBC flight chart (2 cents per point)
- Use points for any travel purchase on RBC Rewards (1 cent per point)
- purchase gift cards or products (between 0.5 and 1 cent per point)
- pay with points for any purchase (0.58 cent per point)
The best use of RBC Avion points earned with the RBC Avion Visa Infinite Card is for transfer to other programs (especially during point redemption promotions such as British Airways Executive Club or Asia Miles). That’s what we did in Australia (and were supposed to do in Japan).
In addition, you can now use your Avios points to travel with Qatar Airways.
For our full review of this card, check out this article.