Terms of the offer
- New American Express® AIR MILES®* Platinum Credit Card Cardmembers, earn a Welcome Bonus of 3,000 AIR MILES®* Bonus Miles when you charge a total of $1,500 in purchases to your Card within your first three months of Cardmembership. That’s enough to redeem for $310 towards your purchases with AIR MILES®* Cash
- Earn 1 Mile for every $5 in Card purchases, up to $30,000 annually, on eligible food & drinks, (such as eligible restaurants, coffee shops and stand-alone grocery stores), and eligible gas & transit (such as local commuter transportation including ridesharing services and taxi) in Canada.
- Earn 1 Mile for every $10 in Card purchases everywhere else.
- American Express® AIR MILES®* Platinum Credit Card Cardmembers can take advantage of the Annual Travel Redemption Benefit. Once per calendar year, when an eligible Cardmember uses Dream Miles with the AIR MILES Reward Program to book their first single flight or package vacation through airmiles.ca or vacations.airmiles.ca, they can get Bonus Miles equivalent to 25% of the net number of Miles used (up to a maximum of 750 Bonus Miles).
- Shop at participating AIR MILES®* Partners®* across Canada with your Card and show your AIR MILES®* Card, and you can earn Miles twice
Annual Fee $120
First Additional Card $0
Foreign Transaction Fee 2.5%
Purchase Rates 20.99%
Cash Advance Rates 21.99%
Welcome Bonus 3,000 Bonus Miles
Rewards Type Travel points
Loyalty Program AIR MILES
All Spending 1 mille / $10
Local Transport 1 mille / $5
Restaurants 1 mille / $5
Groceries 1 mille / $5
Gas Stations 1 mille / $5
For all the credit card offers, we estimate the first year Offer Value according to:
- Value of the Cashback or Points earned with the Offer
- Value of the Benefits or travel credits earned with the Offer
- Annual fee offer (first-year rebate or not)
|Offer Value calculation
for the first-year
|Point Value (according to milesopedia)||10.5 ¢|
|Welcome Offer Value||≈ $315|
|Points earned with minimum purchases to get the Welcome Offer
(1 Mile for every $5 to $10 in Card purchases)
|Annual fee||– $120|
|Estimated Value||≈ $227|
Common Carrier Travel Accident Insurance Yes
Common Carrier Travel Accident Insurance Amount $100000
Common Carrier Travel Accident Insurance Details Up to $100,000 of Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance covers you, your spouse and dependent children under the age of 23 when any of you travel on a common carrier (plane, train, bus or ship) and charge your tickets to your card. Supplementary Cardmembers, their spouses and dependent children under age 23 are also covered.
Flight Delay Insurance Details -
Delayed Baggage Details -
Lost/Stolen Baggage Insurance Details -
Trip Cancellation Insurance Details -
Trip Interruption Insurance Details -
Travel medical insurance up to 64 years old - Details Oui
Travel medical insurance 65+ - Details Oui
Auto Rental Loss/Insurance Yes
Auto Rental Loss/Insurance - Amount MSPP $85000
Auto Rental Loss/Insurance - Details Save money when travelling with the Car Rental Theft and Damage Insurance included on your card. This coverage provides compensation for theft, loss and damage up to the actual cash value of a rental car with an MSRP of up to $85,000, in its model year. To take advantage of this protection, simply decline the Loss Damage Waiver (LDW) or similar option offered by the car rental company, and fully charge your rental to your card. There’s no additional charge for this coverage, and you save yourself the daily insurance fee (usually $16 to $23 per day) charged by the car rental company.
Hotel/Motel Burglary Insurance - Details -
Purchase Protection Yes
Purchase Protection - Duration 90
Purchase Protection - Amount $1000
Purchase Protection - Details You can be insured for eligible items charged to your Card for 90 days from the date of purchase in the event of accidental physical damage or theft for up to $1,000 per occurrence (for all purchased items combined).
Price Protection - Details -
Extended Warranty Yes
Extended Warranty - Details Your coverage can automatically extend the manufacturer’s original warranty up to one additional year when you fully charge eligible items to your Card.
Extended Warranty - Duration 1
Insurance Document Learn More