With the new Marriott Bonvoy promotion, you can earn up to 4,000 Marriott Bonvoy points per stay, provided you meet certain conditions.
Marriott Bonvoy Promotion
Here are the rules to know about this Marriott Bonvoy promotion:
- Register now for the Marriott Bonvoy promotion
- Book your stays via Marriott Bonvoy (through the Milesopedia link to support us)
- Stay from September 21, 2022 to December 15, 2022. Registration closes on December 1, 2022.
- Earn 2,000 Marriott Bonvoy bonus points after each stay, starting with the second stay
- Marriott Bonvoy credit card holder: Earn 2,000 Marriott Bonvoy bonus points for each stay at a different hotel brand, starting with the second brand
- Only paid stays are valid for this Marriott Bonvoy promotion
- This applies to all Marriott Bonvoy hotels (browse our worldwide and Canada maps).
Pay for your stay with one of these Marriott Bonvoy credit cards to earn 5 points per dollar:
My take on this Marriott Bonvoy promotion
This Marriott Bonvoy promotion has two components:
- 2,000 bonus points per stay (starting with the second stay)
- 2,000 bonus points per stay at a different brand for Marriott Bonvoy credit card holders starting with the second brand
2,000 points per stay
The first component of the Marriott Bonvoy promotion is to offer 2,000 points per stay starting with the second stay. By our estimate, this is a value of $18.
Remember that you get points for booking your paid stay:
- 10 points per dollar at most brands
- 5 points per dollar at Element, Residence Inn and TownePlace Suites hotels
And those with Elite status, earn even more points:
- 10% bonus points for Silver Elite members
- 25% bonus points for Gold Elite members
- 50% bonus points for Platinum Elite members
- 75% bonus points for Titanium Elite and Ambassador Elite members
Finally, Marriott Bonvoy credit cardmembers also earn 5 points per dollar for all purchases made at Marriott Bonvoy properties.
Your goal will be to stay in inexpensive hotels to earn as many points as possible since the 2,000-point bonus is fixed, regardless of the hotel.
2,000 points per brand (for Marriott Bonvoy credit card holders)
The second component of the Marriott Bonvoy promotion is for Marriott Bonvoy credit card holders. You’ll earn 2,000 points for each hotel brand you stay at starting with the second brand. We estimate that this is also a value of $18.
Your goal will be to stay in inexpensive hotels AND in different hotel brands to get as many points as possible since the 2,000-point bonus is fixed, regardless of the hotel brand.
If you don’t have a Marriott Bonvoy credit card, now is the best time to apply for one to get the most out of this promotion.
In fact, the Marriott Bonvoy® American Express®* Card is on promotion through September 20, 2022: you can earn up to 75,000 Marriott Bonvoy points as a welcome bonus!
If you are in a couple, it is possible to earn even more points by each applying for the two Marriott Bonvoy credit cards and by merging these points in the same Marriott Bonvoy account!
Indeed, with Marriott Bonvoy, you can transfer up to 100,000 points per year from one account to another!
Up to 4,000 points per stay
So, by combining the two components of this promotion, you could earn up to 4,000 points per stay, an estimated value of $36.
Since there is no minimum length of stay, you will have to make one-night stays to maximize this promotion. For example, in a city, it is common to have hotels grouped with different brands: Courtyard, Residence-Inn, Marriott, Fairfield, etc.
For example, in a city like Montreal, there are 16 different branded Marriott Bonvoy hotels located downtown!
Check your promotions
Remember to regularly check the promotions for which you are eligible. You can find the Promotion Central in your Marriott Bonvoy account.