- Welcome offer: Get up to 70,000 points and the annual fee waived in the first year for both the primary cardholder and authorized users.*
- 5x the points for every $1 spent on eligible travel purchases,* 3x the points for every $1 spent on eligible dining and entertainment purchases and recurring bill payments,* 1 point for every $1 spent everywhere else.*
- Now get the highest rewards points for travel of any premium flexible travel card in Canada!†
- Complimentary membership in Mastercard Travel Pass provided by DragonPass,* with four annual complimentary passes.
- Access over 1 million Wi-Fi hotspots around the world – all at no added cost, and no added fees or roaming charges*
- Get valuable benefits and offers for digital everyday services from a variety of on-demand apps and subscription services
- Points you can use to cover all flight charges & taxes*
- Fly on any airline, with no blackout dates*
- Redeem your points at any time through the BMO Rewards center.
- Best-in-class travel and medical insurance (unlimited trips per year)*
Fees & Conditions
Per dollar of purchases
The BMO Ascend World Elite Mastercard is one of Canada’s best travel Mastercard credit cards. With our exclusive offer, you can get up to 70,000 Welcome Bonus Points:
- 40,000 points when you spend $3,000 in the first 3 months
- 2,500 points per month after $2,000 in monthly purchases from the 4th to the 15th month, up to 30,000 points
Plus, the annual fee is waived in the first year for both the primary cardholder and authorized users.
With the BMO Ascend World Elite Mastercard, you earn:
- 5 points per dollar on travel purchases
- 3 points per dollar on dining purchases
- 3 points per dollar for entertainment purchases
- 3 points per dollar on recurring bill payments
And 1 point for every $1 spent everywhere else, including at Costco. You can use your points for travel purchases on the BMO Rewards website (flights, hotels, car rentals, all-inclusive).
The BMO Ascend World Elite Mastercard also offers:
- Four annual complimentary passes to airport VIP lounges
- Premium insurance for your travels or purchases
- Concierge services
BMO is not responsible for maintaining the content on this site. Please click on the Apply now link for the most up to date information
*Terms and conditions apply
†Statement based on a comparison of the redeemable value of the non-promotional travel rewards points earned on premium flexible Canadian credit cards as of May 3, 2022. “Flexible” is defined as points earned when you purchase travel anywhere and “premium” refers to cards with an annual fee of ≤ $150 or has an income requirement of ≤ $150,000 annual individual income.