- Get up to 10% cash back in your first 3 months and the $120 annual fee waived in the first year*
- Earn more cash back on the categories that mean the most:
- 5% on groceries*
- 4% on transit including ride sharing, taxis and public transportation*
- 3% on gas and electric vehicle charging*
- 2% on recurring bill payments like your monthly phone bill or favourite streaming service*
- 1% unlimited cashback on all other purchases*
- Now earn the highest cash back on groceries in Canada!†
- Get valuable benefits and offers for digital everyday services from a variety of on-demand apps and subscription services
- Access over 1 million Wi-Fi hotspots around the world – all at no added cost, and no added fees or roaming charges*
- Complimentary membership in Mastercard Airport Experiences provided by LoungeKey*.
- Complimentary Roadside Assistance Program*
- Extended Warranty Plus*
- Purchase Protection Plus*
- BMO CashBack World Elite Travel and Medical Protection*
- Unlock Mastercard Travel Rewards cashback offers when you travel and shop outside of Canada
Fees & Conditions
Reward points value
We have established a valuation of the reward point in cents for each loyalty program. More information on the points valuation page.
For all credit cards offers, we estimate the value of the welcome offer (bonus, annual fee rebate) in the first year, plus the value of the rewards earned based on your purchases entered in the calculator for the six categories:
- Other purchases
First-Year Net Value = Welcome Bonus Value + Benefits (Annual Credit, VIP lounges, etc.) + Earned Rewards – First-Year Annual Fee
Value of subsequent years
For the value of subsequent years, we consider the earned rewards based on your purchases indicated in the calculator and any benefits offered.
Subsequent years’ net value = Earned Rewards + Benefits (Annual Credit, VIP lounges, etc.) – Annual fee
For credit cards with complimentary airport lounge access, this benefit is calculated as follows:
- 1 access = $40
- Unlimited access = $400 (the value of 10 annual visits)
BMO is not responsible for maintaining the content on this site. Please click on the Apply now link for the most up to date information *Conditions apply † Statement based on a comparison of the non-promotional grocery rebate point accrual rate for Canadian credit cards offering rebate points as of January 1, 2021.