15% discount on Air Canada fares
Aeroplan and American Express are running a targeted promotion. Check your American Express emails!
Here are the details:
- For everyone: A 15% discount on Air Canada flights with a unique promotional code (for Marriott Bonvoy, Cobalt, American Express Aeroplan, etc. cardholders)
- For Premium (Prestige) cards: 15% discount on Air Canada flights AND 10X Aeroplan points
This 15% discount is valid on base fares for Air Canada flights within Canada, to the U.S. and to sun destinations.
When making a reservation, you must use the promotional code included in the email sent.
This offer applies only to the base fares posted for these Air Canada flight classes:
- Economy rates (Basic, Standard, Flex and Comfort)
- Basic rates Economy Privilege
- and Business Class
In addition, reservations must be made by May 19, 2023, for a flight that must take place by December 15, 2023, inclusive.
Please note that you cannot combine this discount with the use of a companion pass. It’s one or the other, but not both at the same time!
With the high cost of airfare right now, a little discount is a good thing. To give you some ideas, here are some suggestions and travel guides for various destinations.
10 X Aeroplan points promotion
Then there is a second part to this promotion, reserved for American Express®Aeroplan®* Prestige Card and American Express® Corporate Aeroplan® Prestige Card holders.
From now until May 19, 2023, you can earn 10 X Aeroplan points with any of these American Express Aeroplan credit cards.
Points are distributed as follows for every $1 in purchases with Air Canada and Air Canada Vacations:
- 7 X Aeroplan points
- 3 X American Express Prestige Card base Aeroplan points
No registration is required. If your Aeroplan account is linked to your card, the enrolment is done automatically.
Therefore, the total accumulation for this promotion is 7,500 Aeroplan points (or $750 in eligible travel purchases):
- 5,250 Aeroplan points (7 bonus points X $750 in purchases)
- 2,250 Aeroplan points (3 Base Points X $750 in purchases)
At $751 in eligible purchases, the earned ratio is 3 basis points for American Express Prestige Cards, as usual.