This post is also available in: FR
Here are the details of the offer:
- Register for the offer to be eligible
- Book your itinerary before December 31, 2023
- To be eligible, reservations must be made using the Air France app or via the www.airfrance.ca website.
- Receive a $500 account credit when you purchase a direct round-trip flight of at least $3,000 in business class from Canada.
- Offer applies to a single purchase or cumulative qualifying purchases totaling at least CAD 3,000.
In other words, the offer does not apply:
- To flights in other fare classes
- Layover flights
- Flights with other partner airlines booked through Air France
- Luggage, lounge access and upgrade fees
- Purchases of gift cards
- In-flight purchases
- Vacation packages, car rentals, hotel reservations, activities, ground transportation, connecting flights, freight and cargo transportation
- Flights booked through a travel agent or travel service websites, such as American Express Travel
If you are interested in this offer and have received it in your AMEX online offers, don’t forget to register your card, as it is available in limited quantities.
Examples of eligible flights
Paris will be very busy next summer with the Olympic Games coming in August 2024; a better time to visit the City of Light while avoiding the crowds would be in spring. Avoid the crowds and book Air France Business Class from March 15 to 22, 2024 for a total of CAD 3,158 by choosing Business Flex Class, which is refundable if you choose to cancel your trip. After receiving the $500 account credit, your round-trip business class ticket will cost you only CAD 2,658!
You can find this same price for a round-trip Ottawa-Paris itinerary from March 17 to 24, 2024; select Business Flex class and after receiving your $500 credit, your round-trip flight will have cost you only CAD 2,657 in business class.
For a trip from March 15 to 22, 2024, around trip from Vancouver to Paris that would normally cost CAD 7,200 would cost CAD 6,700 thanks to the AMEX offer. For two flights lasting around 10 hours, this is an attractive saving.
Is it worth it?
Obviously, this depends on your goals. If you haven’t yet accumulated enough Flying Blue miles to offer yourself Business Class with miles, and you’re planning a trip to Europe soon, this is a great way to save on your round-trip ticket and toearn Flying Blue miles for your next trip, while also earning Membership Rewards points.
To take advantage of this AMEX offer, the most important thing is to make sure you comply with the terms and conditions, i.e. that your itinerary is round-trip, departing from Canada, in Business class, non-stop, and worth at least 3,000 CAD.
This post is also available in: FRCome to discuss that topic in our Facebook Group!