Air Canada's new Maple Leaf Lounge
Air Canada adds a brand new Maple Leaf Lounge to its collection, this time in San Francisco. Travellers at San Francisco International Airport can access it starting today, June 28, 2023. We were invited by Air Canada to visit yesterday, just before the opening.
This is Air Canada’s 28th lounge worldwide, and its third in the United States. Located in Terminal 2, this lounge offers an enhanced experience for Air Canada passengers, including an outdoor terrace with a breathtaking view of the Californian landscape and the tarmac.
Access to this lounge is the same as for all Air Canada Maple Leaf lounges:
Features of the new Maple Leaf Lounge at SFO
This new Maple Leaf Lounge offers the very best in service and convenience for Air Canada customers travelling from California to Canada, and those in transit via Europe, Asia and Australia:
- Self-service hot and cold buffet with local flavours
- Bar service with cocktail menu, beers, selection of Canadian and California wines and coffees
- Unique outdoor terrace with vapor fireplaces from Canadian company CF + D
- 165 seats in total (135 inside and 30 outside)
- Biometric identification for easy access to the lounge
- Showers with heated towel racks
- VIP room for 10 people
- Artwork by Canadian painter Shawn Evans and a mural by Californian artist Amos Goldbaum
Spacious at 761 square meters and bright thanks to large windows overlooking the tarmac, the lounge offers both relaxation and work areas:
What’s more, it’s the first Air Canada lounge to offer a terrace where you can enjoy the Californian landscape and fresh air before catching your flight:
How to get to the SFO Maple Leaf Lounge
As a passenger, you can access this magnificent Maple Leaf Lounge with a same-day ticket on an Air Canada flight, and thanks to :
- Business class ticket
- Or an Aeroplan Elite Status (50K, 75K, Super Elite)
- Or by being a Star Alliance Gold member
- Or by holding a Premium Aeroplan credit card such as the American Express® Aeroplan®* Reserve Card or the American Express® Aeroplan®* Reserve Card (by the way, these two Aeroplan credit cards are on promotion right now for a limited time).
San Francisco International Airport
Air Canada, in partnership with United, offers up to 21 daily flights from San Francisco to Montreal, Toronto, Vancouver, Calgary and Edmonton. In addition, San Francisco acts as a hub for business travelers and connecting travelers to Asia, Europe and Australia, among others.
The new lounge is a major investment by Air Canada, which has plans to renovate its Maple Leaf lounges. We’ll also be keeping an eye on the opening of an Air Canada Café planned for Montreal YUL in 2024.
If you can, stop by the San Francisco lounge for an elevated airport experience and some fresh California air before you catch your flight.
To discover San Francisco using points :
Also read our reviews of these San Francisco hotels: