New Aeroplan Partner
The Aeroplan program is on a roll! After the recent additions of Eurowings Discover and Virgin Australia, another partner is added to the list: Gulf Air.
Gulf Air, the national carrier of the Kingdom of Bahrain, began operations in 1950 and is among the first commercial airlines established in the Middle East.
The airline serves 55 cities in 30 countries from its Bahrain’s hub (BAH).
Its fleet consists of Airbus A320 and Boeing B787 Dreamliner aircraft. Gulf Air offers an upscale and luxurious experience, especially in Falcon Gold business class.
This airline has a “boutique” concept, which means that it is small and focuses on the “personalized” side of its services. This agility allows it to stand out from its competitors by offering a unique experience and customized customer service.
This new partnership offers members more choices and more seats to the following destinations, such as :
- Africa: Addis Ababa and Casablanca
- Europe: Athens, Frankfurt, Istanbul, London, Milan, Moscow, Mykonos, Nice, Paris, Santorini, etc
- Southeast Asia: Bangkok, Kuala Lumpur, Manila and Singapore
- Persian Gulf: Abu Dhabi, Bahrain, Dubai, Kuwait, Medina, Riyadh, etc
- North Africa and the Middle East: Alexandria, Amman, Baghdad, Beirut, Cairo, Tel Aviv, etc
- India: Bangalore, Colombo, Delhi, Islamabad, Multan, Mumbai, Peshawar, Sialkot, Trivandrum, etc.
- Indian Ocean: Male (Maldives)
How to earn Aeroplan points with Gulf Air
Members will be able to earn Aeroplan points based on distance flown on all scheduled flights operated by Gulf Air.
Here is the Aeroplan points earning chart for flights operated by Gulf Air:
|Class of Service||Eligible reservation classes||Aeroplan points (% of miles traveled)|
|Business||J, C, D, I||125 %|
|L, M, B, H||50 %|
|U, V, E, O, N, S, K, X, Q, W||25 %|
How to book Gulf Air flights with Aeroplan
Here are the details you need to know when booking Aeroplan flight rewards on Gulf Air:
- Members will be able to book Gulf Air flights at aircanada.com, on the Air Canada mobile app, or through the Aeroplan Centre. They can be combined with flights operated by Air Canada and other international airline partners.
- You can redeem Aeroplan points for Gulf Air flights in the economy or business class.
- A partner booking fee of $39 will apply for flight rewards including a Gulf Airflight.
- Flights are priced according to Aeroplan’s airline partner pricing.
For example, a flight from Europe (Frankfurt, Paris, London, etc.) to Bahrain (BAH) will cost :
- 25,000 Aeroplan points and about $65 in economy
- 45,000 Aeroplan points and about $65 in business class (Falcon Gold)
Here is an example between Bahrain (BAH) and London (LHR):
A godsend for this type of flight, as Jean-Maximilien demonstrated in his Etihad Airways review. Especially when you’ve easily earned Aeroplan points with one of the co-branded credit cards.
And it is a new possibility which opens to you to join the Maldives via Bahrain.
The addition of Gulf Air comes on the heels of Eurowings Discover, which we reported on just a month ago.
This is the eighth airline to join the program since June 2020. And it won’t end there as Aeroplan promises to announce more airline partners in the coming months.