- Welcome offer: Get up to 40,000 points and the $120 annual fee waived in the first year¹
- Earn 5x the BMO Rewards points on groceries, dining, gas and transit²
- Get 1 BMO Reward for every $1 spent on everything else⁵
- Get a $50 annual lifestyle credit to spend however you want⁴
- Earn 10% more points when you add an authorized user to your account³
- Mobile Device Insurance that covers you for up to $1,000⁷
- Pay with Points by browsing your recent transactions & redeem your points for as little as $1⁶
Fees & Conditions
We estimate the value of the welcome offer during the first year for all the credit card offers. Are taken into consideration:
- The value of cash back or points earned
- The value of the benefits or credits earned with the Card
- The annual fee value (offered or not)
|Calculation of the offer value
in the first year
|Value per point||0.67 ¢|
|Welcome bonus||approximately $168|
1. BMO eclipse Visa Infinite applications must be received between October 19, 2020 and October 31, 2021 (the “Offer Period”) to be eligible for this offer. 25,000 BMO Rewards welcome bonus points will be applied to your BMO Rewards Collector Account after you spend a minimum of $3,000 (less refunds and excluding cash advances, cash-like transactions, interest charges, fees, credit or debit adjustments) within the first three (3) months after the account open date. 25,000 BMO Rewards welcome bonus points will be credited to your Collector Account within three (3) business days following the qualifying $3,000 spend. Receive an additional 15,000 BMO Rewards points anniversary bonus twelve (12) months after the Credit Card account open date if your account is in good standing at the time you qualify for the anniversary bonus. The primary cardholder annual fee of $120 will be rebated in the first year and will appear as a fee and a credit on the primary cardholders first statement. After the first year, the annual fee will appear on your Credit Card statement twelve (12) months after the Credit Card open date. Offer does not apply to the Additional Card annual fee. Existing BMO credit card cardholders who transfer into this product during the Offer Period are not eligible for this offer. If you cancel your card within ninety (90) days of account opening, the welcome bonus will be cancelled. This offer may be withdrawn or changed without notice.
2. The accelerated earn rate is 5 BMO Rewards points (as applicable) per $1 charged to the Account for purchases made in Canada at merchant locations classified as gas, grocery, transit, and dining. Purchases must be made at merchants classified through the Visa network with a Merchant Category Code (“MCC”) that identifies them in the “gas”, “grocery”, “dining”, or “transit” category. The accelerated earn rate applies to the first $50,000 in annual purchases on the Account, at merchants qualifying for the accelerated earn rate, which can be calculated from January 1st to December 31st each year. Once the combined cardholder spend exceeds this threshold, they will continue earning points at the regular earn rate of 1 point per $1 in purchases. BMO Rewards points will be posted to the primary cardholder’s account, provided the Account is open and in good standing when the purchases are made and when the statement is issued.
3. As an introductory feature, primary cardholders that add a supplementary card to their account will receive a 10% bonus earn rate to their existing card accelerator. This benefit will be available for transactions made both by the primary cardholder and its authorized user(s). The benefit will be present in the account until BMO communicates to the primary cardholder that the benefit will be discontinued. Refer to the following eligibility criteria for supplementary cardholders: Authorized User is at least 13 years of age; primary account must be activated before Authorized User is added; Authorized User must have a Canadian address where they can receive correspondence if required; Authorized User is not being requested in the name of the primary cardholder; Authorized User is not already on the account; account has less than 9 Authorized Users; Authorized User being added is not in a Business Name. This offer is subject to change.
4. Customers will be eligible to receive a $50 statement credit each year (annual period starts on January 1st of every year). The primary cardholder’s account will be credited within two statement cycles after making a purchase that is equal to or greater than the total amount of the statement credit on the Account, provided the Account is open and in good standing at the time of payout. Only primary cardholders are eligible for the statement credit. This offer is subject to change.
5. The earn rate for purchases at merchants not classified as gas, grocery, transit, or dining is 1 BMO Rewards point (as applicable) per $1 charged to the Account. For the accelerated earn rate, transactions made in the following categories won’t be eligible for this service: Money Transfer Agent/Wire Transfers, Financial Institutions-Manual cash disbursements, Financial Institutions- Automated cash disbursements, Non-Financial Institution – Foreign Currency/Quasi-Cash, Dating or Escort Services, Truck Stop Transactions, Government-Owned Lottery (US Only), Government-Licensed On-Line Casinos (On-Line Gambling) – (US Only), Government-Licensed Horse/Dog Racing- (US Only), Betting including lottery, gaming, chips, track wagers, Political Organizations, Religious Organizations, Tax Payments, Merchants that have sale of counterfeit or trademark infringing products or services, Merchants that have sale of adult or mature content products or services.
6. Pay with Points is one of the redemption options available to BMO Rewards cardholders. Cardholders can visit bmorewards.com to redeem their points to cover transactions made in the last 30 days by the primary cardholder. The cardholder is required to have enough points for $1 minimum redemption. Redemptions can be made for the full amount of the transaction or only a portion. Pay with Points won’t be available for transactions posted to the account for more than 30 days. Transactions made in the following categories won’t be eligible for this service: Money Transfer Agent/Wire Transfers, Financial Institutions-Manual cash disbursements, Financial Institutions- Automated cash disbursements, Non-Financial Institution – Foreign Currency/Quasi-Cash, Dating or Escort Services, Truck Stop Transactions, Government-Owned Lottery (US Only), Government-Licensed On-Line Casinos (On-Line Gambling) – (US Only), Government-Licensed Horse/Dog Racing- (US Only), Betting including lottery, gaming, chips, track wagers, Political Organizations, Religious Organizations, Tax Payments, Merchants that have sale of counterfeit or trademark infringing products or services, Merchants that have sale of adult or mature content products or services.
7. Insurance benefits are subject to specific terms and conditions, including limitations, exclusions and other important information contained in the BMO eclipse Visa Infinite* Card Certificates of Insurance booklet that is sent to new cardholders. Out-of-Province/Country Emergency Medical Insurance provides coverage for the first 15 consecutive days of each trip for cardholders under the age of 65. All insurance coverages are provided by Allianz Global Risks US Insurance Company (Canadian Branch).
®BMO is a registered trademark of Bank of Montreal.
*Trademark of Visa International Service Association and used under license.
BMO is not responsible for maintaining the content on this site. Please click on the Apply now link for the most up to date information