- New American Express® Gold Rewards Cardmembers can earn a Welcome Bonus of 50,000 Membership Rewards® points when you charge $3,000 in purchases to your Card in your first 3 months of Cardmembership
- Plus, you can also earn an additional 10,000 points when you make a purchase between 14 and 17 months of Cardmembership
- The Card is now available in your choice of Gold or Rose Gold metal options
- 60,000 points is enough to redeem for a round-trip flight to almost anywhere in Europe with the American Express Fixed Travel Points Program
- Earn 2 points for every $1 in Card purchases at eligible gas stations, grocery stores and drugstores in Canada
- Earn 2 points for every $1 in Card purchases for eligible travel purchases, including flights, hotels, car rentals, cruises, and more
- Earn 1 point for every $1 in Card purchases everywhere else
- Receive a $50 CAD statement credit when a NEXUS application or renewal fee is charged to your American Express Gold Rewards Card
- You have access to an annual $100 CAD Travel Credit, compliments of your American Express Gold Rewards Card. Use the credit once annually towards any single travel booking of $100 or more charged to your Gold Rewards Card through American Express Travel Online
- As a Gold Rewards Cardmember, you can receive complimentary membership in Priority PassTM – one of the world’s largest independent airport lounge programs. Escape the chaos of airports and relax in an oasis of calm and simply enjoy the fact that the travel experience has begun before your plane has even left the ground. Enrollment is required and entry fees apply
- Enjoy four (4) complimentary visits per Calendar year to Plaza Premium Lounges across Canada. Entry fees apply once complimentary visits have been used
- Charge any eligible purchase to your credit Card then log in to redeem your earned points for a statement credit
- Transfer points 1:1 to several frequent flyer and other loyalty programs
- 1 Free Additional Gold Rewards Card (a $50 value) to help you earn points faster
- Subject to approval. The preferred rate for purchases is 20.99% and funds advances is 21.99%. If you have Missed Payments, the applicable rates for your account will be 23.99% and/or 26.99%. See the information box included with the application for the definition of Missed Payment and which rates apply to charges on your account and other details
Fees & Conditions
- The value of cash back or points earned
- The value of the benefits or credits earned with the Card
- The annual fee value (offered or not)
|Calculation of the offer’s value in the first year|
|Value per point||1.7 ¢|
|Welcome bonus||≈ $850|
|AnnualTravel Credit||≈ $100|
|4 annual visits to airport lounge (≈ $35 per visit)||≈ $140|
|Annual fee||– $250|
Where can I use the American Express® Gold Rewards Card in Quebec or Canada?
You can use your American Express® Gold Rewards Card in grocery stores (Metro, Super C, Safeway, Whole Foods, etc.), in convenience stores (Circle K, 7Eleven, etc.), your favourite gas station (Esso, Shell, Petro-Canada, etc.) or any travel agency!
How many points can I earn with my purchases with the American Express® Gold Rewards Card?
You can earn 1 point per dollar on all your purchases with the American Express® Gold Rewards Card. And 2 points per dollar on grocery, gas, drugstore and travel purchases.