This Card is one of the Best Cards in Canada with transferable points.
For a limited time, you can earn 25,000 points as a welcome bonus (an estimated $425 value).
With this Card you can earn:
- 2 points per dollar on grocery, gas, drugstore and travel purchases
- 1 point per dollar on all other purchases.
A great way to quickly earn points is to buy gift cards at your grocery store or drugstore for many retailers to get 2x the points (Walmart, Ikea, SAQ, etc.).
You can then use your points in many ways:
- Statement credit for travel purchases
- Statement credit for all purchases
- Transfer to partner programs (Aeroplan, British Airways Executive Club, Delta Skymiles, Marriott Bonvoy, Hilton Honors, etc.).
- Book flights with American Express Travel at a preferential rate
Finally, you are covered with reliable insurance for your travels and purchases.
Like most American Express Credit Cards, there is no minimum income required to apply for this Card.
- New American Express® Gold Rewards Cardmembers can earn a Welcome Bonus of 25,000 Membership Rewards® points when you charge $1,500 in purchases to your Card in your first 3 months of Cardmembership
- That’s enough to redeem for a round-trip Fixed Mileage Flight Reward™ to almost anywhere in North America
- Earn 2 points for every $1 in Card purchases at eligible gas stations, grocery stores and drugstores in Canada
- Earn 2 points for every $1 in Card purchases for eligible travel purchases, including flights, hotels, car rentals, cruises, and more
- Earn 1 point for every $1 in Card purchases everywhere else
- Charge any eligible purchase to your Card then log in to redeem your points for a statement credit
- Book flights within Canada or to destinations around the world for a fixed amount of points, with the Fixed Points Travel Program. You can book any airline, fly any day, and even book right up to a day before departure
- 1 Free Additional Gold Rewards Card (a $50 value) to help you earn points faster
- As a Charge Card, the balance must always be paid in full each month. 30% annual interest rate applies to balances not paid in full. Payments must be received and processed by the date of the next monthly statement to avoid interest charges
American Express is not responsible for maintaining or monitoring the accuracy of information on this website. For full details, current product information and Terms and Conditions, click the Apply now link. Conditions Apply
Fees & Conditions
We estimate the value of the welcome offer during the first year for all the credit card offers. Are taken into consideration:
- The value of cash back or points earned
- The value of the benefits or credits earned with the Card
- The annual fee value (offered or not)
|Calculation of the offer’s value in the first year|
|Value per point||1.7 ¢|
|Welcome bonus||≈ $425|
|Points earned with purchases to unlock the bonus (1 to 2 points per dollar)||≈ $51|
|Annual fee||– $150|
Where can I use the American Express® Gold Rewards Card in Quebec or Canada?
You can use your American Express® Gold Rewards Card in grocery stores (Metro, Super C, Safeway, Whole Foods, etc.), in convenience stores (Circle K, 7Eleven, etc.), your favourite gas station (Esso, Shell, Petro-Canada, etc.) or any travel agency!
How many points can I earn with my purchases with the American Express® Gold Rewards Card?
You can earn 1 point per dollar on all your purchases with the American Express® Gold Rewards Card. And 2 points per dollar on grocery, gas, drugstore and travel purchases.