This post is also available in: FR
American Express has added a note on the Your 3 Suppliers page indicating that the program will be discontinued on October 6, 2021.
Important notice: The Your 3 Suppliers Program for Business is being discontinued and will no longer be available for enrollment as of October 6th, 2021.American Express Canada
The Your 3 Suppliers program
The Your 3 Suppliers program allowed American Express® Business Gold Rewards Card holders to choose 3 suppliers from a list to earn 1 additional Membership Rewards point per dollar (or 2 Membership Rewards points per dollar). Up to a limit of $250,000 in annual purchases.
Several partners on this list had their interest such as:
- Plastiq: to pay any bill with a credit card (useful for municipal taxes, welcome tax, GST/QST, etc.)
- Best Buy
- And many partners specialized in advertising, equipment and current purchases for companies, technology, etc.
The demise of this program as of October 6, 2021 is a loss for the American Express® Business Gold Rewards Card, which only earns 1 Membership Rewards point per dollar on all other purchases despite a $250 annual fee.
Other Business cards will therefore prove more interesting, such as:
- The Business Platinum Card® from American Express : 1.25 points per dollar and unlimited airport lounges access for the cardholder and one guest which justifies its $499 annual fee
- American Express® Aeroplan®* Business Reserve Card: between 1.25 and 3 points per dollar, access to Air Canada lounges in North America and privileges on Air Canada for an annual fee of $599
- The American Express Business Edge™ Card: between 1 and 3 points per dollar for an annual fee of $99
- Marriott Bonvoy™ Business American Express® Card: between 2 and 5 Marriott Bonvoy points per dollar, an annual certificate for one free night, 15 Elite Nights per year for an annual fee of $150
Note that among these cards, only the Business Platinum Card® from American Express is a charge card (and allows cash flow up to 55 days) and has points identical to those of the American Express® Business Gold Rewards Card rewards (i.e. transferable to both hotel partners, but also airline partners like Aeroplan).
This post is also available in: FRCome to discuss that topic in our Facebook Group!