This post is also available in: FR
The airline has decided to increase its domestic, leisure and international flights by 15% compared with 2023.
WestJet plans, in addition to its new routes, to allocate or extend 16 other routes. The full 2024 summer schedule will soon be unveiled by the group.
During the summer season, Canadians will see the return of leisure-oriented seasonal flights linking Eastern and Western Canada,” said John Weatherill, Executive Vice President and Chief Commercial Officer, WestJet Group, in a press release. Travelers can also enjoy expanded service to sun destinations.
WestJet - Eastern Canada to offer 11 new routes
WestJet also pointed out that, in addition to the ongoing development of its network – with 15 new routes to and from the West – the East will welcome 11 new routes this summer. However, no itinerary has been announced for Quebec.
New routes include :
- New direct seasonal service between Calgary and Deer Lake, (NL);
- The return of seasonal non-stop service between Toronto and Deer Lake (NL), Moncton (NB), Charlottetown (PEI) and Victoria (BC);
- The return of transatlantic flights between Halifax and Dublin, Edinburgh and London, as well as St. Moritz. St. John’s and London (Gatwick).
WestJet - Sun destinations in the spotlight
For the summer of 2024, WestJet has specified that it will offer Canadians a more generous package than other airlines to popular sun destinations.
Among the announcements, the company indicated:
WestJet - More routes to the United States
WestJet has announced that this summer it will increase air capacity between Canada and the U.S. by 26%, including 70% to Delta hubs.
The cross-border timetable will include :
- New service between Regina and Minneapolis, Vancouver and Detroit, and Edmonton and Atlanta;
- Direct connectivity between Edmonton and San Francisco and Nashville;
- A return to seasonal summer service between Halifax and St. John’s. St. John’s, Orlando, Florida;
- More direct flights to Phoenix and Las Vegas from Western Canada than other airlines.
Here are the details of the new markets:
|St. John’s -Orlando
|St. John’s -London (LGW)
WestJet - Save on your flight with WestJet dollars
Flights with partners like Delta also collect these precious dollars, depending on the class and distance flown.
This post is also available in: FRCome to discuss that topic in our Facebook Group!