Updated on March 31, 2023
Expiration of points: Temporary pause
In the summer of 2022, Aeroplan announced a temporary suspension of point expiration policy until May 30, 2023. This date has now been pushed back again; on March 31, 2023, Aeroplan announced a suspension of points expiration extended to September 30, 2024.
This means that by September 29, 2024, Aeroplan points that usually have expired will remain intact. The regular Aeroplan points expiry policy will revert to September 30, 2024.
As a reminder, to prevent Aeroplan points from expiring, it is necessary to perform at least one activity on the account every 18 months or to be an Aeroplan credit cardholder.
There are multiple ways to perform activities such as:
- Buy online via the Aeroplan eStore
- Purchases from Starbucks, Uber or Uber Eats (after linking your Aeroplan account)
- Travel with Air Canada or an Aeroplan partner airline
- Stays in partner hotels
- Transfer points from another loyalty program, such as American Express Membership Rewards or Marriott Bonvoy
- Donations to Aeroplan partner charities