Getting the right gear sets you up for success when traveling, but it’s often hard to know what to bring until you’ve done some trial and error. After traveling the world, the Milesopedia team has several essentials to share with you. Discover them here.
Accessories for luggage
Having well-organized luggage makes it easier to get through airport security, avoid losing anything and save time exploring destinations. Here are travel accessories that save us space, time and enhance our experience.
- An inflatable pillow for the plane,
- A toiletry bag, approved by Caroline
- A shampoo bar to reduce liquids (and designed by a Quebec brand!)
- Storage cubes to organize your luggage, a suggestion from Aline
- A perfect backpack to use as a personal item on the plane,
- Airtag to track our luggage; after the lost luggage fiasco of summer 2022, this solution can help you find your checked luggage faster!
Luggage: we know that this category can vary greatly from one person to another.
For every day
- A E-reader to carry your favorite books with you while saving space
- An adapter that includes different USB outlets
- A portable batteryfor long travel days
- A headphone splitter to watch a movie together with your travel partner (approved by Aline)
- An extension cable, because we know that the power outlet is never where we want it to be.
- A wireless phone charger, when you have just used it underwater and need to charge it simultaneously.
- For noise-canceling headphones, we recommend these, and Jean-Maximilien recommends the Beats Fit Pro, which can be worn for work as well as for running.
To work remotely
- This thin and light portable screen to work anywhere (tested and approved by Jean-Maximilien and Marie-Ève)
- This laptop stand for an ergonomic work experience (Marie-Ève brings it everywhere)
- A portable keyboard that folds and fits in any pocket
- An external hard drive, to back up your files in case of bad luck (Marie-Ève speaking from experience here)
- And in the same vein, this water-resistant laptop case
Accessories for family travel
Make the most of it when traveling with your kids. These games and accessories will keep them entertained (and maybe even quiet!) and won’t take up too much space in your suitcase. These items have been tested and approved by several members of our team like Marie-Claude and Aline who travel with young children.
Whether it’s for you or to give as a gift, we know from experience that these items can enhance your travel experience to help you get more out of your precious time exploring the four corners of the earth. If you are interested in any of these items, don’t forget to use the gift card trick before you check out.
To find all our best travel tips in one place, check out our ultimate list for travelers: