- Earn 10% cash back on all purchases for the first 3 months (up to $2,000 in total purchases).1
- No annual fee in the first year, including on supplementary cards.1
- Get a 2.99% introductory interest rate on purchases and balance transfers for the first 6 months (20.99% on purchases/22.99% on cash advances including balance transfers after that; annual fee $120)1
- 4%on eligible recurring bill payments and grocery store purchases
- 2% on eligible gas station and daily transit purchases
- 1% cash back on all other eligible everyday purchases
- Complimentary Concierge Services 24/7
- Visa Infinite Music Series
- Wine Country Wonders
- Luxury Hotel Privileges
- Comprehensive Travel Insurance & New Mobile Device Insurance coverage
- Rates, fees and other information are effective as of Mar 1, 2021. Subject to change.
Fees & Conditions
Reward points value
We have established a valuation of the reward point in cents for each loyalty program. More information on the points valuation page.
For all credit cards offers, we estimate the value of the welcome offer (bonus, annual fee rebate) in the first year, plus the value of the rewards earned based on your purchases entered in the calculator for the six categories:
- Other purchases
First-Year Net Value = Welcome Bonus Value + Benefits (Annual Credit, VIP lounges, etc.) + Earned Rewards – First-Year Annual Fee
Value of subsequent years
For the value of subsequent years, we consider the earned rewards based on your purchases indicated in the calculator and any benefits offered.
Subsequent years’ net value = Earned Rewards + Benefits (Annual Credit, VIP lounges, etc.) – Annual fee
For credit cards with complimentary airport lounge access, this benefit is calculated as follows:
- 1 access = $35
- Unlimited access = $350 (the value of 10 annual visits)
1 Offer Description and Conditions: The 10% Cash Back, First Year Annual Fee Waiver and Introductory 2.99% Rate Offer (the “Offer”) applies only to new Scotia Momentum Visa Infinite credit card accounts (“Accounts”) that are opened, and any supplementary Account cards issued, by February 28, 2022 subject to the conditions below. We will waive the initial annual fee for the primary card and each additional supplementary card on the Account for the first year only. All other terms and conditions of the Program Terms continue to apply during the Offer period. Offer may be changed, cancelled or extended at any time without notice and cannot be combined with any other offers.
10% Cash Back Offer Description and Conditions: You will earn 10% cash back on the first $2,000 in eligible purchases you spend on your new Account within the first 3 months of the Account open date (the “Promotional Period”). Eligible purchases include purchases (less any refunds, returns or other similar credits) but do not include payments, cash advances (including balance transfers,Scotia® Credit Card Cheques or cash-like transactions), interest, fees or other charges. After the Promotional Period, you will earn regular cash back on eligible purchases at the regular cash back rate (the “Cash Back Program Rate”) described in the Scotia Momentum Visa Infinite Cash Back Program Terms and Conditions (the “Program Terms”). The 10% cash back rate for any category is made up of the sum of: (i) the regular Cash Back Program Rate (variable by categories as set out under the Program Terms); and (ii) a “Cash Back Bonus Rate”.
Cash back earned under this Offer will be credited to your Account in 2 instalments so long as your Account is open and in good standing at time of payout of each:
- 1. Bonus Cash Back: The amount earned under the Cash Back Bonus Rate will be credited to your Account within 7 months from the Account open date; and
- 2. Regular Cash Back: The amount earned under your regular Cash Back Program Rate will be credited to your Account according to the regular cash back payment schedule as set out under the Program Terms.
The Account is considered in good standing if it is not past due or over limit and the Cardholder(s) is not in breach of the Revolving Credit Agreement that applies to the Account.
EXAMPLE: If the Regular Cash Back Program Rate for the Groceries and Recurring Payments category is 4% then the Cash Back Bonus Rate will be 6% for that category so that you will earn a total of 10% on the amount of all eligible everyday purchases in that category during the Promotional Period. If you make $2,000 in eligible everyday purchases in the Groceries and Recurring Payments category, your cash back earnings will be credited to your Account as follows:
(1) the Cash Back Bonus earnings of $120 (6% x $2,000) (which will not be tracked on your monthly statements), will be credited to your Account within 7 months from the Account open date, and (2) the Regular Cash Back earnings of $80 (4% x $2,000) (which will be tracked on your monthly statements), will be credited to your Account as per the regular cash back payment schedule (i.e., November).
Annual Fee Waiver Offer Description and Conditions: We will waive the initial annual fee for the primary card and each additional supplementary card on the Account for the first year only.
Introductory 2.99% Offer Description and Conditions: The Introductory 2.99% Rate Offer (the “Rate Offer”) applies only to purchases, cash advances (including balance transfers,Scotia® Credit Card Cheques and cash-like transactions) (collectively “Cash Advances”) subject to the conditions below. This introductory rate applies when the new Account is opened by February 28, 2022 and will continue for 6 months from date of Account opening (the “Promotional Period”). After the Promotional Period, purchase balances at the promotional rate of 2.99% (including any unpaid balances) will increase to the preferred interest rate for purchases (currently 20.99%) and the promotional 2.99% interest rate on any Cash Advances (including any that remain unpaid after the Promotional Period ends) will increase to the preferred interest rate on Cash Advances (currently 22.99%).
If you don’t pay the minimum payment on your Account by the payment due date on your statement, two times in any consecutive 12-month period, you will lose the benefit of this promotional Rate Offer and the interest rates that apply on any unpaid balance will increase to the standard annual interest rates that apply to your Account (currently 25.99% on purchases and 27.99% on cash advances (including balance transfers,Scotia® Credit Card Cheques and cash-like transactions)). Eligible purchases include purchases (less any refunds, returns or other similar credits) but do not include interest, fees or other charges. This Rate Offer is subject to any available limit for Cash Advances on your Account. This Rate Offer cannot be used to transfer a balance from another Scotiabank Account, or to make a payment or deposit to another Scotiabank Account. There is no balance transfer fee on balances transferred during the Promotional Period.
Eligibility and Exclusions : Individuals who are currently or were previously primary or secondary cardholders of a Scotiabank retail credit card in the past 2 years, including those that switch from an existing Scotiabank retail credit card, as well as employees of Scotiabank, are not eligible for the Offer. Subject to the above exclusions, Scotiabank small business credit cardholders are eligible for the Offer.
Rates and Fees: The current annual fee is $120 for the primary card and $50 for each additional supplementary card. The current preferred annual interest rates for the Account are: 20.99% on purchases and 22.99% on cash advances (including balance transfers, Scotia® Credit Card Cheques and cash-like transactions). All rates, fees, features and benefits are subject to change.