Match your status with VIPorter
It’s Porter’s turn to offer status match, a few weeks after WestJet Rewards made a similar announcement.
In the case of the VIPorter loyalty program, only members with WestJet Rewards status are targeted. In other words, VIPorter frequent flyer status will be awarded based on the WestJet Rewards level achieved.
This status match offer is available until May 31, 2023.
You need to follow these three steps to get status match:
- If you are not a VIPorter member, you must first register
- You must send an email to email@example.com to take advantage of this offer. In the email, you must include your VIPorter membership number, a screenshot of your WestJet Rewards account showing your name, tier, and expiry date.
- The VIPorter team will review your application and respond within three weeks.
Depending on the WestJet Rewards level achieved, the following VIPorter status is available:
|WestJet Rewards Level||Equivalent VIP status|
|Platinum level||VIPorter First|
|Gold level||VIPorter Ascent|
|Silver level||VIPorter Venture|
VIPorter members with frequent flyer status enjoy a higher points multiplier, dedicated airport services, free seat selection, and other benefits.
Once the status is obtained, it will be valid for a period of 120 days. In order to maintain status until December 31, 2024, you will need to complete a challenge.
Challenge to maintain status
From the time you achieve VIPorter status, you will have 120 days to reach the threshold of qualifying spend that will allow you to extend the status until the end of 2024.
The thresholds required for each status are as follows:
- VIPorter Venture: $750 in qualifying spend
- VIPorter Ascent: $1,500 in qualifying spend
- VIPorter Première: $2,500 in qualifying spend
Essentially, any dollar spent with Porter, excluding taxes and fees, is eligible to meet the spending goal. For more details, see the VIPorter program terms and conditions.
This offer of equivalent status appears to be in response to the offer made by WestJet at the end of March. This is a common practice in the world of loyalty programs to attract customers from competitors. These offers are also common in hotel loyalty programs.
If you are a frequent flyer on Porter or WestJet, this is definitely an offer to consider.